Holding Tank Sensor Display

I purchase a brand new Big Country 2950RK. The tanks have never had anything in them besides water for testing while I've owned this 5th wheel. With the tank drain valves open, assuming the tanks are draining completely, the holding tank level display shows that my holding tank and gray 1 and 2 tanks are 1/3 full all the time, sometimes one or two will show empty, but 98% of the time they are all at 1/3. Has anyone had this problem before and what was the solution to fixing it? Is it a wiring problem? Any information would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks again.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Pretty common issue - can't rely on those all the time. I suppose it is just condensation in the tanks causing this. I have the valve to my fresh water tanks open - for about 2 months now - and sometimes it still shows 1/3; sometimes nothing! ???

jimtoo

I have had 2 other 5ers of SOB and now on my 2nd Heartland Bighorn. All have done the same thing. The only thing I can say is that the panel just gives you a guess as to how much is in the tank, some times correct and some times not correct. It just tells you that you have something in you tank, maybe. You just cannot rely on the panel. When my toilet starts burping or water stands in the shower, we drain the tanks. Not what you wanted to hear, but the truth about the panel.

Thanks for the info, I'm just glad it's a "common" issue, I've had quite a few major problems with this 2950RK and that was just a small issue I had a question on.

ptillett

Same here. I haven't had my 5th wheel very long at all and only had fresh water in the holding tank once. Now my sensors show it's full! I tried empting it. I don't know.

Seems that the sensor can get a film on them from the water. The owners manual talks about this. I just need to take time to address the issue. I wish I could visually see what is in there.