Generator pops its Circuit breakers

rvansnick

Just got my brand new Cyclone 3795 and ran gen set for the first time this weekend, starts fine but noticed no power. Took cover off Gen set and saw circuit breakers in off position. Turned them to on and proceded to start Generator. Would run for a second, then shut off. Turned Circuit breakers off and proceeded to start again, ran fine til I turned the circuit breakers on then Generator would quit. I presume there is a dead short or something. I even shut the main circuit breaker off in the trailer and tried again and as soon as you turn on the top circuit breaker on the ONAN, she shuts off. Anyone with any ideas as I am 1300 miles away from the dealer I bought from.

thanks,

Rick VanSnick
Nova Scotia, Canada

bowtorc

It might be in the auto transfer switch. The switch switches power from shore power to generator. You could have a short if it is wired wrong or you have a defective switch. It is located between the main panel and the gen. with the shore power also entering the switch. It is pretty easy to check the wiring if you can get access. The schematics are pretty simple but if you don't feel comfortable with electricity better let an electrician check it.

rvansnick

Thanks very much for the info, I will get an electrician to check that out first before trying to locate a dealer. I feel it is something there as it has not worked period since day one. The shore power works perfectly, it is just the generator.

Thanks again,

Rick VanSnick

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
If I remember correctly, there is a schematic for the transfer switch wiring on the cover for the switch - maybe the inside of the cover.