Living room lights not working

heyjude

Hi,
The lights on the right side of our trailer above the couch with the wall switch as well as one little single light above my kitchen countertop by my stove are messed up! The wall switch does not turn the light on anymore. And the single light will not work either. All of the other lights work fine in the rest of the living room. Sometimes when I put the wall switch on then flip the single light on the single light switch will make the overhead wall switch lighting turn on but it's very very dim.

Is this very odd?!?!!

Any my suggestions on what to check?

Thanks!!

mlpeloquin

First check the fuses in the fuse box. They are dim because the one lamp is providing the power or return for them through the one LED lamp. The 12V wire are connected together with twist connectors. If it is not a fuse, you will have to remove the switch and lights one at a time and look for a loose or broken connection behind them.

heyjude

First check the fuses in the fuse box. They are dim because the one lamp is providing the power or return for them through the one LED lamp. The 12V wire are connected together with twist connectors. If it is not a fuse, you will have to remove the switch and lights one at a time and look for a loose or broken connection behind them.

Thanks.....so, we checked the fuses and non seem like they are out, since non of the little red lights are lit.

Guess we'll check for loose and broken connection on the switches...

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Had a similar issue last summer in our kitchen slide. Discovered the wire conduit and wires were skinned off from slide movement while traveling and opening and closing the slide. Check under your slide for that condition as well as look for a loose wire in the junction boxes under the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

If the lights are in the slide look underneath where the 12v wiring goes through the floor for damaged wiring from the metal behind the bottom slide flap.

danemayer

Thanks.....so, we checked the fuses and non seem like they are out, since non of the little red lights are lit.

Guess we'll check for loose and broken connection on the switches...
The fuse LED lights up only if the fuse is blown AND the device is turned ON.

GregP

We had a similar problem with the lights in our kitchen slide and it also turned out to be worn insulation under the slide from movement. Moved and re-insulated the wires and have had no more issues to date.

heyjude

The fuse LED lights up only if the fuse is blown AND the device is turned ON.

Thanks!!

Just retested w/ the light switch on, and, you are right ! It was red !!

Now we just need to get some fuses !

Hopefully that will fix the problem :)

Love these forums and all the very helpful people, thanks again everyone !

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks!!

Just retested w/ the light switch on, and, you are right ! It was red !!

Now we just need to get some fuses !

Hopefully that will fix the problem :)

Love these forums and all the very helpful people, thanks again everyone !

Chance is the fuse will blow again. Need to look for the cause...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

If it is the wiring under the slide, front corner under the slide, there is a metal strip behind the rubber water shield under the back of the slide. Not a gasket, but more like a splash guard or sweep. The metal keeps the thin rubber from bending backwards. If you pull it froward and use a flashlight, you will see that in the area where the wire goes under it is bent down towards the inside. It isn't bent down far enough. I used a crow bar to bend it down more to make more clearance for the wires. I found that the 120V AC ground wire had the sealant and ground wire insulation stripped by that metal edge. Could be that yours wore the 12V wire through.

heyjude

If it is the wiring under the slide, front corner under the slide, there is a metal strip behind the rubber water shield under the back of the slide. Not a gasket, but more like a splash guard or sweep. The metal keeps the thin rubber from bending backwards. If you pull it froward and use a flashlight, you will see that in the area where the wire goes under it is bent down towards the inside. It isn't bent down far enough. I used a crow bar to bend it down more to make more clearance for the wires. I found that the 120V AC ground wire had the sealant and ground wire insulation stripped by that metal edge. Could be that yours wore the 12V wire through.

Thanks! Forwarding all this info to my husband ! LOL...

Grateful for all of your help everyone !!

danemayer

There may be a wire going into the rear corner of the slide, feeding power to the lights for the slideout and the kitchen counter.