Can you customize outside the build sheet when ordering from factory?

AFMagnum

Hi,

This will be our first RV and we're looking to order a BC4010. The information on this forum has been a huge help, especially all the information for prospective buyers

After reviewing the MSRP and special build sheets posted in this forum, I'm wondering if the factory is open to any other customization when ordering. For example, the wife and I really don't like the extra door between the bedroom and the bathroom in the 2017 BC4010s; is that something we can ask to change? They didn't have the extra door on the earlier 2016s, but I don't know what is in the realm of the possible when ordering.

danemayer

Hi AFMagnum,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

In order to keep things moving on the production line, Heartland doesn't generally do customizations such as you're suggesting, but it doesn't cost much to ask. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the Big Country sales team.

However, let me also suggest you might regret making this change. That extra door is a convenient way to maintain privacy when using the bathroom before you're dressed for the day.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi,

This will be our first RV and we're looking to order a BC4010. The information on this forum has been a huge help, especially all the information for prospective buyers

After reviewing the MSRP and special build sheets posted in this forum, I'm wondering if the factory is open to any other customization when ordering. For example, the wife and I really don't like the extra door between the bedroom and the bathroom in the 2017 BC4010s; is that something we can ask to change? They didn't have the extra door on the earlier 2016s, but I don't know what is in the realm of the possible when ordering.

Are you referring to the sliding door? The late 2016 BC4010 has that door.

I'm pretty sure you can't make changes to the floor plan. Heartland is assembly line built, not a custom builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFMagnum

Thanks for the quick replies. The door isn't a make or break item, but I was curious as to what level of customization we can expect. Isn't only the wife and I, so there aren't any concerns about privacy.

Thanks for for the numbers; I'm sure I know the answer, but like you said it doesn't hurt to ask.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Jack n Jill door floor plan change came about during the fall of 15' updates.

Yes, you are correct, we saw this plan in Goshen in June 15, and it did not have the jack and Jill bath. That plus other updates in the fall made it the plan for us!! Love our 4010. Not anything I'd change but just a little more depth in the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I have a Big Horn and it could use more depth to the closet. In fact all the Heartlands I have been in need more depth to the closet. It is so obvious. Try and close the closet doors with shirts on hangers and you have to push them at an angle just to do it. I hope that someone from Heartland is reading this. Two inches more would allow easy opening and closing of the sliding closet doors. Other manufactures appear to have the same clearance issues. How about fixing this and use it in advertising easy to open and close with actual close in the closet!

Oregon_Camper

I have a Big Horn and it could use more depth to the closet. In fact all the Heartlands I have been in need more depth to the closet. It is so obvious. Try and close the closet doors with shirts on hangers and you have to push them at an angle just to do it. I hope that someone from Heartland is reading this. Two inches more would allow easy opening and closing of the sliding closet doors. Other manufactures appear to have the same clearance issues. How about fixing this and use it in advertising easy to open and close with actual close in the closet!

I just gave up and removed both closet doors from the RV. They now live my garage. The bedroom seems more "open" without the closet doors on. Plus, we no longer have to do the closet door shuffle to get to one side or the other.

Roller4tan

I removed the front screws on both hanger poles and rotated them forward and installed the screws to the front holes. Gained about an inch and a half.

BusManRG

Our Class C had the closet in the rear with lots of space...and the swing it created with the hangers meant that everything was on the floor by the time we reached our daily destination. Trying to eliminate that swing was a challenge. I've been thrilled with the closet in our Big Horn. Haven't had to pick up or try to unwrinkle one piece of clothing yet! Just another perspective!:)

Mrsfish

Our Class C had the closet in the rear with lots of space...and the swing it created with the hangers meant that everything was on the floor by the time we reached our daily destination. Trying to eliminate that swing was a challenge. I've been thrilled with the closet in our Big Horn. Haven't had to pick up or try to unwrinkle one piece of clothing yet! Just another perspective!:)

Wow did that just shut up a bunch of people!! Thanks for the flip side!

Jim_Hull

I agree with Erica that there is very little in the way of customization that can be had, but we love or 4010. The one request I made in our build and was pleased that the Big Country team was able to honor it was my wife HATED the fabric covered, black headboard. I asked if the was any way it could be changed to the previous wood headboard or if they could delete it so I could build one myself. The Brand Manager replied to me on this forum that they could use a Landmark headboard that was wood and had the same finish if that would be satisfactory. My wife was thrilled, and that is what we have. We love our coach. The true customization comes after you get it and start making it your own!!

AFMagnum

Got a reply from Heartland that they can't really do any customization outside the options online, and they certainly wouldn't be able to remove a door. Not surprising, but it was worth a try!

Jim - glad you had success with the headboard. Being able to pull something from the Landmark line makes sense.

Has anyone seen the new MSRP or special build sheet? The ones posted on the forum are from 2015.