Anderson 4 way switch

When switch is positioned on city water, it by passes and fills the fresh water tank. In reading our manual here we thought it was possible that the Shur-Flo water pump was defective in that the check valve was not closing. We purchased a new pump and installed and it made no difference. When the city water is on you can hear water seeping into the tank. Do we need a new Anderson switch? This is a 2015 Big Country.
Thanks for your input

weekender01

This is a fairly common issue with the Anderson 4 way valve. If on city and your fresh tank is filling the valve has probably gone bad. Most of the time Heartland/Anderson will replace this for you given the issues they have had in the past. Search the forum and you will find many threads about this.

Good luck.

SNOKING

Heartland CS rep said to look for a O-ring in the filter/screen at the input to the water pump. They are sending me a new cartridge for my Anderson valve. Chris

CRMungle

Hey John. Sounds like the Anderson valve. This seems to be a major problem. I do not know why Heartland does not take care of this once and for all. I have spoken with several people and most of them have either had a problem or are currently having one. Contact Heartland and they will probably send you a new one free of charge. Seems they know about it so why not fix the problem instead of just throwing new parts that don't really fix it. I'm getting ready to get my third valve.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hey John. Sounds like the Anderson valve. This seems to be a major problem. I do not know why Heartland does not take care of this once and for all. I have spoken with several people and most of them have either had a problem or are currently having one. Contact Heartland and they will probably send you a new one free of charge. Seems they know about it so why not fix the problem instead of just throwing new parts that don't really fix it. I'm getting ready to get my third valve.

Actually, the cartridge is the problem area in the 4-way valve. I'm not sure I've heard of any other problems. And Heartland has worked with Anderson to get the problem fixed. I think Anderson has done 2 redesigns on the O-Rings. Is it fixed now? Time will tell.