Sentence word spacing etc

porthole

Retired
I'msureitisn'tjustme,butistheresomesoftwareissuethatcausethespacebartonotworkwhenposting?

Or

I'm sure it isn't just me, but is there some software issue that cause the spacebar to not work when posting?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nope . . .

This has been going on for a month or so (and there was another topic thread about it somewhere).

It only happens when you use the 'quote' feature.

The way around it is when you quote someone, type a letter or two, then hit the enter key twice (to double space down two lines), then type your post, then go back and delete that first line with the letters.

SNOKING

Appears to be a Chrome browser issue. I have it on another site also. I just do a carriage return after the first word and type my message on the second line and then remove the carriage return. Chris

Lynn1130

Sometimes I have to use something related to Google but Google knows WAY too much about us as it is and using Chrome only adds to what they know about you. On top of that Chrome limits what you, as a user, can do with the browser to protect yourself from invasion.

LBR

It happens on another site I'm on as well...hoping to solve the mystery as a few months ago it didn't happen. I also use Chrome and never gave it any thought that it could have started on a Windows 10 update? Has anyone compared Chome and Explorer browsers side by side yet?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - this has been going on since about early July which was a real pain as I was trying to respond to the state chapter rally in September. I would have to go to the advance section to be able to do any typing. I also had reported "no notification thru email" when someone posted on the same rally thread or sent a private email but that was also overlooked by the webmaster. Made it a little difficult trying to keep up with the upcoming rally from a leader's standpoint.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use Chrome on a Mac and have seen it there, as well, so not a Windows exclusive problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power247

I typically use Taptalk for forums but noticed this same issue over the holiday when using Chrome on my PC. I thought it was just me, guess not. Wierd

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

JohnD

I also had reported "no notification thru email" when someone posted on the same rally thread or sent a private email but that was also overlooked by the webmaster.

Yes . . . this has been going on for months as well.

I find that about half of the posts I subscribe to don't seem to send out notifications . . .

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes . . . this has been going on for months as well.

I find that about half of the posts I subscribe to don't seem to send out notifications . . .

This hadn't been a problem in all the years in the past up until this past late spring/early summer when an upgrade was done to the system. As a Chapter Leader, this had turned into a real problem, especially with an upcoming rally. I reported the problem which one of the moderator attempted to fix with no luck and then forwarded the problem to Michael. I haven't heard a thing since then but still don't get any emails for posts on a rally thread or private message. It's sometimes difficult to watch the forum 24/7, work and travel as some folks seem to have the time to do.

Gaffer

Appears to be a Chrome browser issue. I have it on another site also. I just do a carriage return after the first word and type my message on the second line and then remove the carriage return. Chris

This reply was with chrome. No problems.

LBR

This reply was with chrome. No problems.

Andthisreplyiswithchromealso

However, when I space down after typing the above sentence, it's fine....Windows 10 using Chrome. This issue is hit and miss at times, for sure.

danemayer

Be nice if we didn't have this problem. But try typing the first word, press ENTER, press BACKSPACE, continue typing.

JohnD

Yup . . . didn't get an email notifying me to the post just after mine yesterday.

Just now found it in the 'What's New?' link.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Y'all ought to use Tapatalk App. None of the issues you describe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk