Propane Tank Exchannge........

Uncle Rog

This seemed somewhat newsworthy to me, I do not exchange the 20#'ers for re-filling, but I do exchange the old style tanks for the new ones. It saves a lot of money vs buying a new tank and filling it up, around $20 a unit......We keep 5 or 6 around for the old earthquake kit!

Attachments

• Safety Alert from NPGA.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 94

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
If you look this up on Snopes.com, while Snopes says that this is basically true, it also states that only a fool would bring in a tank with this discoloration.

Basically - arrest me, I'm doing illegal things with this cylinder.

Uncle Rog

cdb, remember the first twin towers attack? The knuckleheads were caight because they went back to the truck rental office to try to get their deposit back!

truknutt

Committed Member
If you look this up on Snopes.com, while Snopes says that this is basically true, it also states that only a fool would bring in a tank with this discoloration.

Basically - arrest me, I'm doing illegal things with this cylinder.

In a totally honest world Snopes.com may be correct. Think about it though...I pull into my local convenience store at 10 p.m. and tell the 16 year old clerk "earning" minimum wage that "I need to exchange my tank." They get attitude 'cause they have to walk all the way outside into the humidity and unlock the the storage cage. The swap is completed and all they care about is getting back into the A/C. :(

Just for fun, ask them about OPD valves and watch their eyes roll around like a slot machine!!! :D

Our society enables criminal activity mainly by its own complacency. JMO.

cmart

Uncle Rog, man you know some stuff. I will pay attention in the future and look for blue. By the way, are you back in Razorback country yet?

Uncle Rog

cmart, I have never had the opportunity to visit the land of the Razorback's, I hear it is nice country, lots of green....................