baggage door does not close properly

seaduced2

The baggage door on our 2015 Heartland, Landmark 365, Key West, does not close and latch properly. 2 latches on this verticle opening door. Coach is past the 90 point nad Heartland warrenty tells me tough luck. We have been living in unit since last december. This is the first change we have had to stay out of unit and took it in for its first service for warrenty work. Now we find out that its 2 years warrenty isnt good for some items, have carpet issues as well. Any help is appreciated.

danemayer

The 90 days applies to certain types of minor adjustments, as shown below in an excerpt from the warranty statement. I think the point of this excerpt is that Heartland expects the dealer to make these minor adjustments prior to delivery or within 90 days, at dealer expense. I think the dealer receives compensation for this activity, not as individual claims, but as part of the overall financial arrangement.

If it is a minor adjustment, you might ask the dealer to take care of it at no charge since they apparently missed it in their pre-delivery inspection and prep. If the dealer says it's not a minor adjustment, you should revisit with Heartland on that basis.

FOR A PERIOD OF NINETY (90) DAYS, MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ADJUSTMENTS TO THE INTERIOR OR EXTERIOR DOORS, LP REGULATOR PRESSURE, CABINET LATCHES AND TV ANTENNA CONTROL, WILL BE PERFORMED BY THE DEALER FREE OF CHARGE TO THE RETAIL CUSTOMER FOR A PERIOD OF NINETY
(90) DAYS FROM THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER TAKING POSSESSION OF THE UNIT.

rxbristol

You don't describe why the baggage doors do not latch properly, but it could be the catches for the latches, which can be adjusted. Just loosen the two screws and move the catches in or out--this may help.