DVD will not play

SR-71

We have the Jensen JWM9A and the DVD will not play, says it is loading but nothing happens. Selected DISC like it says but get nothing. Input on TV is on AV but have tried all INPUT selections but nothing works. How do you get to all the connections behind the TV and Jensen system?

mlpeloquin

Did you try another DVD? Even my home unit refuses to play a few. If it still doesn't play one, them maybe you got a defective unit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
To help you access the connections we need to know what floor plan you have.

Peace
Dave

SR-71

We have a 2017 BH3760EL. I think something is hooked up wrong. It plays music CD's fine. It shows it is loading the DVD but nothing else happens. I think the input on the TV should be set on AV but I have tried all the inputs on the TV and none of them work.

mlpeloquin

Look at the back of the player and see what the video connection is. Is it through RCA cables, HDMI, or fiber optic. I suspect HDMI, but since I don't have the player I cannot know. If it is HDMI, change/select HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 for your TV input. If it is RCA cables see which input they go to your set and select it. Same for fiber optic.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never used the DVD player in the unit that came with either of the two new RV's we purchased.

I bought a BluRay player and never looked back!

I only use the built-in stereo unit for audio.

Boscowtx

Our DVD player in our 2016 Big Country 3650rl did not play either, all it shows is loading. Was thinking that it won't play blue ray DVD, will try a regular DVD next trip!

Oregon_Camper

Look at the back of the player and see what the video connection is. Is it through RCA cables, HDMI, or fiber optic. I suspect HDMI, but since I don't have the player I cannot know. If it is HDMI, change/select HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 for your TV input. If it is RCA cables see which input they go to your set and select it. Same for fiber optic.

To my knowledge, fiber optic (both TOSLINK and S/PDIF) only carry audio signals, not video.

For blu-ray playback, RCA cables (red/whiite = audio and yellow = video) are not HDCP compliant and will either scale blu-ray down to 720 or fail outright.

Standard DVD's should play on any cable format.

rhodies1

We have a 2017 BH3760EL. I think something is hooked up wrong. It plays music CD's fine. It shows it is loading the DVD but nothing else happens. I think the input on the TV should be set on AV but I have tried all the inputs on the TV and none of them work.

Its most likely a defective unit,contact Heartland ASAP and have it replaced.My unit does the same thing,contacted manufacturer and they say it is non repairable,throw out and buy a new unit.There all junk units.

Ldo

I had same problem with exactly same problems. Taking out DVD I found that the installer had plugged the FM ANTENNA wire into the splitter to the t v. There was no picture signal cable connected. Nor was there a cable run for cable TV, here we uses the satellite cable. Took hours to figure it all out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk