Wait-list cruising to the Carribean?

TxCowboy

Laurie and I have a cruise scheduled in the next couple of weeks and got contacted yesterday with a nice suite upgrade for a pretty good price so we took it.

After we got off the phone, Laurie and I were wondering if anyone here has put themselves on a standby or waitlist for a specific cruise in hopes of being contacted with a super deal on that cruise. They may contact you just a couple of days before the ship sails if they have unsold rooms. Clearly, an unsold room generates no profit for the cruise lines so we would think that we could negotiate something better if they call us.

Has anyone here done a wait list cruise?

HornedToad

I've never gotten on a waiting list, but I have purchased a cruise at a steeply discounted rate within a few weeks of the sailing at Vacations to Go.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you do a search on Google for "Last Minute Cruise", I think you'll find the major lines offer special deals to people who can fill vacancies at the last minute.

mlpeloquin

If you do not mind where your cabin is or if you don't get to go, then that is the way to go. Your cabin could be up front or in the rear with a lot of motion, inside no outside window or deck, on the lower decks, and/or by the elevators where it is noisy. That being said you can save a bundle. We do not get sea sick even in high 32' waves on a small ship, but my wife is closterfobic. So we only did this once with an inside cabin near the elevators.