2017 Ford F-350 SRW Must Have Options?

TxRoadWarrior362

Looked on the Ford website and went thru the build sheet for an F-350. Must haves for us are srw, 4x4, and King Ranch or equal trim package. Ya'all on this site have been towing 5er's for years and would like to know what options would be a MUST if you were purchasing. Our 5er is a 2017, Road Warrior 362. Dry weight is 15,217 lbs. and is 39' long. Hitch weight is 3,395lbs. GVWR 17,000. We currently tow with a 2012 F-350 srw Lariet, long wheel base, care cab, 4x4, and love it. Our hitch is a Reese 20k Pro Series.

Thanks, Tim

Oregon_Camper

One I would pass on would be their Navigation system. I think free apps from Web (Waze..Google Maps...etc) are MUCH better and they are updated all the time.

Plus they are "social" so you get free updates on road conditions, police, construction, etc...

With our 2016 F-350, I had to have the 5th Wheel puck system. Sooo nice being able to take entire hitch out in under 4 mins.

One thing I forget to get was the quick heat. Takes a LONG time to get the heat rolling into cab without it.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks for the replys. Here's a window sticker for a unit in Houston. Not sure about the 18k hitch. Not sure what the goose neck prep is, if it already has a 5er hitch installed?

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...ehzetQ4XP4YkQWJqm5vMDohVNFgP199EPjA8FPNLE7e8=

Thanks, Tim

I stopped as soon as I saw Ruby Red.....GET IT!!! I flew to Texas and drove it back to Oregon to get mine in that color. Estimate from local places were 6-10 weeks to order one in Ruby Red.

Joking aside...it looks nice. I'm not a fan of the King Ranch Snake look...but that is a personal choice.

Here I am in Texas...just after signing for the truck. :) Again..Ruby Red is beautiful.

20150903_111541.jpg

brianlajoie

I would double check your pin weight to the truck. With my BH, I'm not too far from a full load on my SRW. I wouldn't change it, but I would make sure you are not over weight on the tires (I was).

I would add the heavy duty alternator, engine block heater, tow package and what axle ratio I could get. There are other things I would like, but much of it is personal preference.

TxRoadWarrior362

I stopped as soon as I saw Ruby Red.....GET IT!!! I flew to Texas and drove it back to Oregon to get mine in that color. Estimate from local places were 6-10 weeks to order one in Ruby Red.

Joking aside...it looks nice. I'm not a fan of the King Ranch Snake look...but that is a personal choice.

Here I am in Texas...just after signing for the truck. :) Again..Ruby Red is beautiful.

View attachment 48807

That's a great looking truck! Not surprised you found it in Texas. We love our trucks!

- - - Updated - - -

I would double check your pin weight to the truck. With my BH, I'm not too far from a full load on my SRW. I wouldn't change it, but I would make sure you are not over weight on the tires (I was).

I would add the heavy duty alternator, engine block heater, tow package and what axle ratio I could get. There are other things I would like, but much of it is personal preference.

Thanks, I'll check the max pin weight on the new srw.

Oregon_Camper

I would double check your pin weight to the truck. With my BH, I'm not too far from a full load on my SRW. .

Excellent point. I didn't notice it is a SRW. I would advise against going SRW. I sold my SRW (F-350) to get the DRW F-350. I could feel our BH pushing my SRW truck on corners and I knew it was very close to limit of truck.

travlingman

Thanks for the replys. Here's a window sticker for a unit in Houston. Not sure about the 18k hitch. Not sure what the goose neck prep is, if it already has a 5er hitch installed?

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...ehzetQ4XP4YkQWJqm5vMDohVNFgP199EPjA8FPNLE7e8=

Thanks, Tim

Truck above is loaded. Has the main options I would order, Ultimate package, fifth wheel package, tow technology, adaptive cruise, supplemental heater and chrome package. Goose neck prep is like the fifth prep but for ball.

I am hoping to order a dually after 1st of year and have been deciding between platinum or King Ranch. Have saw a platinum and finally got to see a King Ranch yesterday. Will be going with a King Ranch. Also going with Ruby Red.

I know I'm late to the party but wouldn't that trailer be over the trucks tow limit? Best info I can find is that truck has a 15,700lbs 5th wheel capacity.