bed moisture condensation

Joe_2014

We have a 2014 3110. We use it primarily in the fall, and run the fireplace and furnace regularly. We seem to get condensation under the bedroom mattress. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have an idea as to the cause and/or cure?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That is a strange problem . . . never heard of it.

I would think that you need to create some ventilation (air flow) to allow the moisture to go elsewhere.

rxbristol

This is a common problem. Dan helped me a couple of years ago when I experienced the same thing. The moisture of everyday human activity (cooking, showering, etc.) gives off a lot of water. What we do is move the mattress away from the wall a couple of inches in the morning which prevents the moisture build-up and helps everything dry out. Also, make sure you use the vent fan while taking showers--this action helps tremendously.

danemayer

Our winter experience includes some extreme cold temps. We've always had condensation buildup at the head of the bed, which we solved by pulling the mattress about 1" away from the wall to allow airflow.

On occasion we've also had condensation on the bedroom slide side walls, getting the mattress wet. To solve that I took $2 cookie sheets from Walmart and drilled holes along the edge to allow air circulation. Then placed those in-between mattress and side wall on each side.

Attachments

• 2016-01-20 09.32.06.jpg
    2016-01-20 09.32.06.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2016-01-20 09.32.19.jpg
    2016-01-20 09.32.19.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 68

8amps

We seem to get condensation under the bedroom mattress. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have an idea as to the cause and/or cure?

Just curious, how did you discover this? I checked and we don't have it, but I'd we did, I'd have never thought to check there except perhaps when getting into under bed storage.

SNOKING

The stuff I linked in the second post creates a nice gap for air to flow. Our SOB trailer had it at the head of the bed and I place a piece there and never had another problem. Chris

Joe_2014

Thank you all for your answers. I first noticed the problem when moving the mattress to access storage space under the bed. I plan to try the product suggested (Hypervent Condensation Prevention Matting). Again - thank you all.