New Trailer Pre-Delivery Inspection

Brian & Tam

42 Years of Married Bliss
Perhaps some of you have seen this checklist before. Being new to this forum I thought I would pass it along from the "Montana" forum.

I found this to be very informational and a great help with the "walk thru" the dealer gives prior to new trailer delivery.

Make sure and give the dealer a copy of this checklist when scheduling your appointment for your walk-thru prior to handing them the "check". This will give them an opportunity to make sure everything is really ready to go before you get there.

http://users3.ev1.net/~crossstitch/PDI/pdi.html

Good Camping to you...

davebennington

We used a pre-delivery check list somewhat like this, in addition we video taped the session this helped alot especially when we were out by ourselves and had a question.

Dave:)

NPoirier

Checklist & purchasing from a RV wholesaler

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure how to do this. But I clicked on the link for the checklist, however, I was not able to open it. We are looking for a 5th wheel and are looking at the Sundance. We have a travel trailer and we are wondering if anyone has purchased a 5th wheel over the internet through RV World or any other wholesaler. What are the pros and cons. The prices are very reasonable, we would have to go get the rig or have it shipped. We are wondering if the savings is worth it. Also, wondering about the warranty if any is needed. This will be a much bigger purchase than our first travel trailer. We plan on keeping it for awhile. Any suggestions. Nervous about making a wrong move.

Noreen
North Bangor, NY
e-mail: bean_80@hotmail.com

Brian & Tam said:
Perhaps some of you have seen this checklist before. Being new to this forum I thought I would pass it along from the "Montana" forum.

I found this to be very informational and a great help with the "walk thru" the dealer gives prior to new trailer delivery.

Make sure and give the dealer a copy of this checklist when scheduling your appointment for your walk-thru prior to handing them the "check". This will give them an opportunity to make sure everything is really ready to go before you get there.

http://users3.ev1.net/~crossstitch/PDI/pdi.html

Good Camping to you...

ChopperBill

Link didn't work for me either. I know one thing I would do on a next PDI and that is make them take off all the access panels in the storage bay. Look at all the plumbing and check for leaks at the water heater and MAKE SURE ALL lines are hooked up. Then ask them to vacuum out all the saw dust. While on the vac topic, if you have central vac, make sure it is vented to the outside. Lot of them aren't.

HappyKayakers

Ditto here on the inop link. I would also turn on every single light in the rig and test every outlet (120v and 12v). Would've saved me some major heartache.