It's going to be a White Christmas!!!

HornedToad

Our Christmas present... Bella, a stray pit mix pup who was probably dumped because she is deaf, adopted from the rescue ladies!!!
She'll be out on the road with us and the other dogs next year.

"Researchers still aren't sure what causes congenital deafness, they do know it's most common in dogs with white or nearly white heads.
The lack of pigment on the head causes the pigment cells in the inner ear to fail to develop, or they may be lacking entirely,
The lack of pigment cells causes the death of the nerve cells that need to develop for hearing to occur.
Oddly, some solid white dogs, such as the Spitz or the Samoyed, have no problems with deafness." Quote from WebMD.com

Attachments

• Annabelle.jpg
    Annabelle.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Bella.jpg
    Bella.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 58

HornedToad

She is gorgeous. Her eyes are beautiful blue. Do you think they will stay that color as she gets older?

If you look at the photo grid from the rescue site you can see how her nose has darken in the pictures from left to right and it is almost solid black now. She also has several small brown and black spots in her coat that were not visible in the earlier pictures. With the pigmentation of her nose and coat developing as she grows I would not be surprise if her eyes change color.

I've heard her whimper a time or two, but she doesn't know how to bark... yet???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What a cutie! Can't wait to meet her in Alpine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

"She'll be out on the road with us and the other dogs next year."

Didn't take the dogs to the Rally, cuz I was cooking. But they get to go tailgating...
34b1657d108f25a0d4389febc7d2def6.jpg

Bark in the Park... Let's see how many innings the Little White Dog can make???
32e67c670df587d280979f98a1de73f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk