PDA

View Full Version : Introducing new RVLock moderator

RVLockSupport
12-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Good afternoon. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as the new moderator for RVLock here on the Heartland Owner's Forum. My name is Kenna and I've been with the company for a couple of years. I'm happy to answer any questions as they arise and be involved with the members here. We love Heartland, its customers, and the support you've given us over the years! Please let me know if there is anything I can help with now or in the future. Have a great day!

jimtoo
12-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It's always good to have a contact for a supplier. I have heard lots of good things about RV Lock on the forum.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper
12-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Welcome....

Your door lock and 2 remotes are sitting on my desk and waiting for a time when I go camping again and install them. :)

TravelTiger
12-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Welcome Kenna! I've been in touch with RVLock trying to get the vinyl gaskets for our slam-baggage door locks. They are on their way, yay!

Just wanted to point out that instructions for installing the slam-latch baggage door locks are not on your website. That would be good to have. Our locks arrived without instructions, but luckily we already have a front door lock, so we had some idea -- that and the help of a post on this forum from someone else that had installed them.

If you all can post that on your site, I am sure it would help others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET
12-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Kenna,

See pictures below of the modification I had to make on your lock for my Cyclone Toy Hauler. As you can see the toy haulers come with large long windows that no other models have. I recommend you guys make a RVLock for us toy haulers so this type of modification would not be required anymore. I'd be glad to provide you with more pictures and input upon your request.
48911 48912 48913

RVLockSupport
12-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Welcome Kenna! I've been in touch with RVLock trying to get the vinyl gaskets for our slam-baggage door locks. They are on their way, yay!

Just wanted to point out that instructions for installing the slam-latch baggage door locks are not on your website. That would be good to have. Our locks arrived without instructions, but luckily we already have a front door lock, so we had some idea -- that and the help of a post on this forum from someone else that had installed them.

If you all can post that on your site, I am sure it would help others.

Hi Erika. Congrats on your new baggage handles. We are in the process of updating our install videos and instructions, especially some of our newer products. They should be on the website soon. I apologize for the inconvenience of them not being in your order.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Kenna,

See pictures below of the modification I had to make on your lock for my Cyclone Toy Hauler. As you can see the toy haulers come with large long windows that no other models have. I recommend you guys make a RVLock for us toy haulers so this type of modification would not be required anymore. I'd be glad to provide you with more pictures and input upon your request.
48911 48912 48913

Thanks for the info. We are aware of some of the problems the larger windows cause. We always appreciate comments and advice on how we can better accommodate customers. We'd love your pictures and input as reference as we continue to work on this problem. If you want to send them to kenna@rvlock.com I will be happy to get those with our development team. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It's always good to have a contact for a supplier. I have heard lots of good things about RV Lock on the forum.

Jim M

Thank you Jim! We have always enjoyed a great relationship with Heartland and appreciate the opportunity to help customers out and learn from the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome....

Your door lock and 2 remotes are sitting on my desk and waiting for a time when I go camping again and install them. :)

Congrats on your new handles. Looks like you are in Oregon and probably enjoying winter weather similar to our's. I hope you have plans for warmer destinations so you can install and start enjoying them sooner than later! :D Thanks for the welcome.

Nabo
12-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Welcome Kenna - we have been customers since the very first RVLock was made thru the current generation. Love it for the entry doorway. We are waiting a little longer before getting the slam latch locks because of the issue with putting them on with the thickness of the cargo/slam doors. Will be watching to see how the videos come out for the installs.

LBR
12-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the site!

We got in on the Black Friday special also... haven't taken the 2 door and 2 slam latch locks out of box yet for our 2017 CY... hopefully they will be a plug and play with no modifications needed...Thanx for the support here!

jbeletti
12-16-2016, 01:21 AM
Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Thank you, Cade and the rest of the team for all of the support you've given to the Heartland Owners Club!

plshilo
12-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi Kenna,
We got in on the Black Friday sale and got 3 cargo & 1 door lock for our 2017 BC. Our question is we are not sure the locks will fit the doors. We went to install today and found the pop rivets we don't want to go through all the work of drilling & then the lock doesn't fit. So do you for sure the locks will fit our 2017 Heartland????

RVLockSupport
01-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Hi Kenna,
We got in on the Black Friday sale and got 3 cargo & 1 door lock for our 2017 BC. Our question is we are not sure the locks will fit the doors. We went to install today and found the pop rivets we don't want to go through all the work of drilling & then the lock doesn't fit. So do you for sure the locks will fit our 2017 Heartland????

Good morning, I hope you enjoyed the holidays! I completely understand not wanting to pop the rivets before knowing for sure. Our baggage handles WILL fit your Big Country cargo doors! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Nabo
01-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Looking forward to the promo.

TravelTiger
01-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Hi Kenna,

They fit our 2016, however, the positioning of the new handle left a slight gap:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/250ad42a70970d6687a92eb44789ef00.jpg
RV Lock sent us vinyl gaskets which cover the gap.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/e1c404ae3d84539232bf20b5a9e87e4f.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/4c872e7ca90bf94c45ae552628da58b3.jpg

plshilo
01-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Hey Erika,
Thanks for the information about the gasket....we will call RV LOCKS to get some for our install.

TravelTiger
01-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Hey Erika,
Thanks for the information about the gasket....we will call RV LOCKS to get some for our install.

We tried to install one and that's when we realized the problem. It's not hard to put the old one back, or even leave the lock installed (as long as you are not getting heavy rain), until you get the vinyl gaskets. They asked for a pic of my problem, then sent the gaskets for free.

RVLockSupport
01-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Hey Erika,

Were you able to get in touch with our customer service to get the gaskets?

plshilo
01-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Were you able to get in touch with our customer service to get the gaskets?
Kenna,
I have not called yet, we plan to do the install after we come home from the Tampa RV Super Show. We have been busy doing work at home.....hahaha

rocrider50
01-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as the new moderator for RVLock here on the Heartland Owner's Forum. My name is Kenna and I've been with the company for a couple of years. I'm happy to answer any questions as they arise and be involved with the members here. We love Heartland, its customers, and the support you've given us over the years! Please let me know if there is anything I can help with now or in the future. Have a great day!

Welcome, RVlock has always been great to work with, welcome. A solution for my 2017 3800 Cyclone doors would be appreciate though. The inside pull handle is too close to the window frame of the door, making it almost imposible to get your fingers in to shut the door. SOLUTIONS?

LBR
01-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Welcome, RVlock has always been great to work with, welcome. A solution for my 2017 3800 Cyclone doors would be appreciate though. The inside pull handle is too close to the window frame of the door, making it almost imposible to get your fingers in to shut the door. SOLUTIONS?
Call them. They will have a new design specifically for our TH doors with the windows and trim that keeps their V4s from fitting correctly. This is targeted to be available end of this month.

I ordered 2 door and 2 slam latch locks Black Friday and wanted to see what would fit my CY doors better. I was told to send all 4 back for credit (they are unused) and another order with new style will be shipped to me. I just hope my Black Friday special prices will be applied to my new order tho!!

carl.swoyer
01-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Hi there,
I have the electronic key pad and the rubber surface where you press the combination is cracking. Is that a part I can replace or do I replace the whole unit?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cookie
01-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi there,
I have the electronic key pad and the rubber surface where you press the combination is cracking. Is that a part I can replace or do I replace the whole unit?

Give them a call. That part is just held on with adhesive. Pull the old one off and stick a new one on.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger
01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Give them a call. That part is just held on with adhesive. Pull the old one off and stick a new one on.

Peace
Dave

Yep, had to replace our keypad membrane. Very easy to do.

carl.swoyer
01-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Thanks

RVLockSupport
01-10-2017, 11:52 AM

The new style should be available soon! I'll be sure to make a note of it here when it becomes available. Thanks!

carl.swoyer
01-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Just replaced the key pad with the new stick on ! Looks like New.😎

LBR
01-31-2017, 11:49 AM
The new style should be available soon! I'll be sure to make a note of it here when it becomes available. Thanks!
Any timeframe on when the new version for Toyhaulers is due out? Thanx.

RVLockSupport
02-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Any timeframe on when the new version for Toyhaulers is due out? Thanx.

I don't have a specific date yet but it should be some time this spring. Sorry to keep you waiting! I'll update when I have more information.

LBR
02-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Update to my post #19 above....

Returned both RH door locks and both baggage locks for our CY about 3 weeks ago. Just got confirmation that the new style of RH door locks are shipping out...they are invoiced as the V4 "COMPACT".

Will post up a pic when they arrive and am sure they will fit our TH doors better than the original V4 style that I returned. Hope no grinding is needed and fitment completely covers the door cutouts. It would be awesome if the entire install will be a plug-n-play boltin.... yippee!

carl.swoyer
03-17-2017, 03:57 PM
My replacement key pad cover fell off while in tow

carl.swoyer
03-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Can I get another one please

TravelTiger
03-17-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't have a specim n fic date yet but it should be some timeoj this spring. Sorry to keep you waiting! I'll update when I have more information.
Oil
I

RVLockSupport
03-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Can I get another one please

If you'll message me with your info I'll check into it Monday and get you taken care of. Thanks!

ATLJOHN
03-18-2017, 12:17 PM
We have version 1.0 with key pad on side of trailer and no longer see the numbers. Can that be replaced or do I need a new pad. Also we just changed the batteries on the door handle and sometimes it beeps ever since we changed the batteries,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RVLockSupport
04-26-2017, 11:40 AM
We have version 1.0 with key pad on side of trailer and no longer see the numbers. Can that be replaced or do I need a new pad. Also we just changed the batteries on the door handle and sometimes it beeps ever since we changed the batteries,

Good morning. I apologize for this question being overlooked. The Vi3 replacement keypad is compatible with your version 1.0 system and can be found on our website here: https://www.rvlock.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-black-friday-wireless-keypad-replacement

Thanks!

cookie
04-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Good morning. I apologize for this question being overlooked. The Vi3 replacement keypad is compatible with your version 1.0 system and can be found on our website here: https://www.rvlock.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-black-friday-wireless-keypad-replacement

Thanks!Isn't there a replacement escutcheon available for that? Does the entire keypad have to be replaced for 60 bucks?

Peace
Dave

ATLJOHN
04-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Thanks Dave
My though extactly

RVLockSupport
05-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Isn't there a replacement escutcheon available for that? Does the entire keypad have to be replaced for 60 bucks?

Peace
Dave

Good morning. Early version systems, such as your's, do not have replacement components available for the keypads. We offer a 1 one year warranty on all our systems but judging from the version of handle you have you would be outside of that warranty window by quite some time. We value our Heartland customers so I've set you up with a 25% discount on that keypad if you use webcode HRTLDRPL. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

cookie
05-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Good morning. Early version systems, such as your's, do not have replacement components available for the keypads. We offer a 1 one year warranty on all our systems but judging from the version of handle you have you would be outside of that warranty window by quite some time. We value our Heartland customers so I've set you up with a 25% discount on that keypad if you use webcode HRTLDRPL. Please let me know if you have any further questions.Thanks for the generous offer.
Actually I have an updated version and have replaced the outer membrane but was asking in response to ATLJOHN's post needing a new outer membrane.
By the way, we love the RVLock.

Peace
Dave

MikeR
05-05-2017, 12:54 PM
I am replacing my existing Southco baggage door locks with locks from RV Lock. When installing the new locks, do I have to remove the existing plate (Southco) on the backside of the door? It is riveted in place and the rivets would have to be drilled out to remove it. The reason I ask, is that all of the mounting holes for the exterior portion of the new RV Lock line up with the Southco back plate.

TravelTiger
05-05-2017, 02:11 PM
I am replacing my existing Southco baggage door locks with locks from RV Lock. When installing the new locks, do I have to remove the existing plate (Southco) on the backside of the door? It is riveted in place and the rivets would have to be drilled out to remove it. The reason I ask, is that all of the mounting holes for the exterior portion of the new RV Lock line up with the Southco back plate.

Yes Mike, that's were the "brains" of the RV Lock are. Drilling out the rivets is pretty easy to do.

MikeR
05-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Yes Mike, that's were the "brains" of the RV Lock are. Drilling out the rivets is pretty easy to do.

That's true for the locks with the code entry. The slam shut cabinet locks I'm installing are just the key operated locks. I will probably just drill out the rivets and use the RV Lock backing plate.

Thanks

TravelTiger
05-05-2017, 06:55 PM
That's true for the locks with the code entry. The slam shut cabinet locks I'm installing are just the key operated locks. I will probably just drill out the rivets and use the RV Lock backing plate.

Thanks

Oh! My bad. Please post some pics when you get it done!

busted2341
05-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Not sure if this is the place but I'll start with I love the RV Lock and have had one for 2 yers now. I emailed RV Lock and asked a question, however RV Lock can't seem to reply. Anyone now of another email for RV Lock other than the one on their website?

CoveredWagon
05-06-2017, 08:30 AM
What's all the fuss about keyless entries. Are the factory locks all that bad or are folks just losing their keys? Orrrrrrrrrr is this just keeping up with the Jones? I'm already spending enough on the new Rv and new truck and all the other stuff the dealer forgot to mention we might want/need. I asked the first dealer what else we might need. He said oh a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. Yeah right, now a few thousand dollars later I wonder why I need a new door lock. 😏

danemayer
05-06-2017, 09:12 AM
What's all the fuss about keyless entries. Are the factory locks all that bad or are folks just losing their keys? Orrrrrrrrrr is this just keeping up with the Jones? I'm already spending enough on the new Rv and new truck and all the other stuff the dealer forgot to mention we might want/need. I asked the first dealer what else we might need. He said oh a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. Yeah right, now a few thousand dollars later I wonder why I need a new door lock. 😏
There was a day when to lock or unlock my car, I pulled the key out of my pocket and put it into the lock. Then one day I got a car that had a fob so I could unlock by pressing a button. They gave me a key (as backup), but I never used the key. The button was better.

The RV Lock is the same idea. Once you can keep the key in your pocket and use a fob or keypad, you never use the key. You keep it as backup.

Cars and trucks have moved on to RFID technology. I don't even have to press the button on the fob anymore. I carry it in my pocket. The door senses the fob is close by and when I touch the door handle, it unlocks. I don't use the fob or the key.

And one of these days I expect RV Lock will have a new version that uses RFID technology so I don't even need to press a button to unlock the RV.

It's a small convenience. But once you have it, you don't want to give it up. Of course everyone has a budget, and whatever it might be, it's good to live within the budget.

CoveredWagon
05-06-2017, 09:40 AM
There was a day when to lock or unlock my car, I pulled the key out of my pocket and put it into the lock. Then one day I got a car that had a fob so I could unlock by pressing a button. They gave me a key (as backup), but I never used the key. The button was better.

The RV Lock is the same idea. Once you can keep the key in your pocket and use a fob or keypad, you never use the key. You keep it as backup.

Cars and trucks have moved on to RFID technology. I don't even have to press the button on the fob anymore. I carry it in my pocket. The door senses the fob is close by and when I touch the door handle, it unlocks. I don't use the fob or the key.

And one of these days I expect RV Lock will have a new version that uses RFID technology so I don't even need to press a button to unlock the RV.

It's a small convenience. But once you have it, you don't want to give it up. Of course everyone has a budget, and whatever it might be, it's good to live within the budget.

Thanks Dan. I was hoping it was something like. 😉

Budget hahaha that was blown thousand of dollars ago. Thank goodness for credit cards lol 😂

Dave

RVLockSupport
05-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Not sure if this is the place but I'll start with I love the RV Lock and have had one for 2 yers now. I emailed RV Lock and asked a question, however RV Lock can't seem to reply. Anyone now of another email for RV Lock other than the one on their website?

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced emailing us. If you want to message me here I'd be happy to help you out!

Bones
06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Do you have a version of the RV lock available that fits the toy haulers that have a full window?

LBR
06-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Do you have a version of the RV lock available that fits the toy haulers that have a full window?
They dont have a 100% bolt-on lock assembly, but the newer Version 4.0 "Compact" is narrower and will fit fine with a bit of modification. I installed one on both CY full windowed doors without too much fuss.....they fit and seal fine, so it is a doable project for most any DIY'er.

Bones
06-22-2017, 05:49 PM
They dont have a 100% bolt-on lock assembly, but the newer Version 4.0 "Compact" is narrower and will fit fine with a bit of modification. I installed one on both CY full windowed doors without too much fuss.....they fit and seal fine, so it is a doable project for most any DIY'er.

Thanks for the info

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
06-22-2017, 08:19 PM

Dave If the new lock for the full window door is not out yet I'm pretty sure it's coming soon. Call them and ask .

porthole
06-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Chris W. didn't even wait to get home from Goshen 2015 to modify the lock for the newer Cyclone doors.

RV Lock
Hacksaw
Black silicone
Black paint
< one hour

Done

OEFVET
06-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Yup and it works and looks great!

LBR
06-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Chris W. didn't even wait to get home from Goshen 2015 to modify the lock for the newer Cyclone doors.

RV Lock
Hacksaw
Black silicone
Black paint
< one hour

Done
I remember seeing a picture of that one with the end of the lock nipped off.....install looked great!

This new V4.0 Compact is about 1" narrower than the original style, but still interfered with the window frame. In my case, I modified the window frame inside and outside to get lock fitting flush....didn't have to do anything to the lock.

If RV lock does have another new version coming out, it will need to be narrower yet.

RVLockSupport
06-30-2017, 08:22 PM
I remember seeing a picture of that one with the end of the lock nipped off.....install looked great!

This new V4.0 Compact is about 1" narrower than the original style, but still interfered with the window frame. In my case, I modified the window frame inside and outside to get lock fitting flush....didn't have to do anything to the lock.

If RV lock does have another new version coming out, it will need to be narrower yet.

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward on the information about the handle still not fitting with the window. Do you have pictures of your modification and measurements about how much narrower the handle needs to be still to fit your type of door? I will be happy to pass it along to our development team. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have a compact version of the V4 available. It isn't live on the website at this time but if you're interested please message me with your information and we can invoice you for one. Thanks!

Bones
07-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I will forward on the information about the handle still not fitting with the window. Do you have pictures of your modification and measurements about how much narrower the handle needs to be still to fit your type of door? I will be happy to pass it along to our development team. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have a compact version of the V4 available. It isn't live on the website at this time but if you're interested please message me with your information and we can invoice you for one. Thanks!

Thanks for getting back. the wife and I have gone in a different direction so we would be able to re use our current locks that we already have.

LBR
07-02-2017, 01:20 PM

I do have a few pictures that may help the process....will post later.

LBR
07-02-2017, 01:42 PM
First 2 pictures are the V 4.0 lock for reference to window frame.

Last 3 pics are the V 4.0 Compact for same reference.

more to follow...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/acf0ad2f3a66773e729bbc6f58260e33.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/9bd073c50f536019e895db7b6c415aed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/3afb73463c625a58bc32d11d89fc9685.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/29ba2b79f20c4c5af2128ea401dc0e8f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/4cad7aebe4c1c489df6dc91277fdc386.jpg

LBR
07-02-2017, 01:49 PM
First pic is lock Compact lock resting in place.

Next 2 pics are Compacts mounted.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/cf6302fba3ba43cf1b1c575a0deefe62.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/3ad8afa6ff0b4b823c68e1032c5d0c07.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/fd4262750305112ecea12e9b28b1f2f4.jpg

LBR
07-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Factory locks...hope this help everyone involved with this project...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/32bfddab721d3af2d39fecb91e2bbdb6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/68a84f188485274da3f1525be6e215e9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/8cd5f294a39ea2d49734feef2b0d93a2.jpg

HornedToad
07-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Another issue to watch for is if you have a decal running under the OEM lock the RVLock may not have the same footprint. One of these days I'm gonna go to FastSigns and have them cut me a black vinyl ring to mount under the lock and cover the edge.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/de5437a57ab79384d01a35df0df42efc.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
07-02-2017, 05:59 PM
RV lock sell them already cut out
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/eb62587641c4f208159ab810148be555.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HornedToad
07-02-2017, 07:00 PM
RV lock sell them already cut out
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/eb62587641c4f208159ab810148be555.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's the ticket... I need me one of those.

ATLJOHN
07-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Hi RV Lock support I just ordered my upgraded key pad. I looked on your web site and do no see the membrane replacement for new upgraded model.
Also how is easiest way to remove the old one.
Thanks

RVLockSupport
07-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Factory locks...hope this help everyone involved with this project...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/32bfddab721d3af2d39fecb91e2bbdb6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/68a84f188485274da3f1525be6e215e9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/8cd5f294a39ea2d49734feef2b0d93a2.jpg

Thank you for your time posting these images. I will forward these on to development so we can continue to work on the problem with the larger windows. Glad you were able to work around it!

RVLockSupport
07-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Hi RV Lock support I just ordered my upgraded key pad. I looked on your web site and do no see the membrane replacement for new upgraded model.
Also how is easiest way to remove the old one.
Thanks

The keypad for our Vi3 system does not have a membrane replacement option. The easiest way to remove the keypad is to warm up the adhesive with a blow dryer making it easier to peal off.

Alan_B
07-14-2017, 08:39 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170702/de5437a57ab79384d01a35df0df42efc.jpg

Based on this photo, the RVLock top (handle) lock is still keyed to the RV master key.

Since we are installing these after-market, wouldn't it provide more security to move to a non-master lock?

RVLockSupport
07-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Based on this photo, the RVLock top (handle) lock is still keyed to the RV master key.

Since we are installing these after-market, wouldn't it provide more security to move to a non-master lock?

Yes, the top cylinder is still a master cylinder. Many units come from dealerships with RVLock handles as the standard handle making it impossible to get away from the need for a master lock. Dealers have to have easy access to any unit on their lots. However, security is our first priority when it comes to our deadbolt cylinders. We produce hundreds of varying key codes that are specific to our brand. This is also why our keyless functions are concentrated on the deadbolt- it is the most secure way to lock your unit.

kevlar119
08-29-2017, 01:49 PM
Will there be a Labor Day discount code coming up?