Introducing new RVLock moderator

RVLockSupport

Good afternoon. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as the new moderator for RVLock here on the Heartland Owner's Forum. My name is Kenna and I've been with the company for a couple of years. I'm happy to answer any questions as they arise and be involved with the members here. We love Heartland, its customers, and the support you've given us over the years! Please let me know if there is anything I can help with now or in the future. Have a great day!

jimtoo

Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It's always good to have a contact for a supplier. I have heard lots of good things about RV Lock on the forum.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Welcome....

Your door lock and 2 remotes are sitting on my desk and waiting for a time when I go camping again and install them. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome Kenna! I've been in touch with RVLock trying to get the vinyl gaskets for our slam-baggage door locks. They are on their way, yay!

Just wanted to point out that instructions for installing the slam-latch baggage door locks are not on your website. That would be good to have. Our locks arrived without instructions, but luckily we already have a front door lock, so we had some idea -- that and the help of a post on this forum from someone else that had installed them.

If you all can post that on your site, I am sure it would help others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Kenna,

See pictures below of the modification I had to make on your lock for my Cyclone Toy Hauler. As you can see the toy haulers come with large long windows that no other models have. I recommend you guys make a RVLock for us toy haulers so this type of modification would not be required anymore. I'd be glad to provide you with more pictures and input upon your request.
IMG_1788.jpg DSC_0079.jpeg DSC_0080.jpeg

RVLockSupport

Welcome Kenna! I've been in touch with RVLock trying to get the vinyl gaskets for our slam-baggage door locks. They are on their way, yay!

Just wanted to point out that instructions for installing the slam-latch baggage door locks are not on your website. That would be good to have. Our locks arrived without instructions, but luckily we already have a front door lock, so we had some idea -- that and the help of a post on this forum from someone else that had installed them.

If you all can post that on your site, I am sure it would help others.

Hi Erika. Congrats on your new baggage handles. We are in the process of updating our install videos and instructions, especially some of our newer products. They should be on the website soon. I apologize for the inconvenience of them not being in your order.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Kenna,

See pictures below of the modification I had to make on your lock for my Cyclone Toy Hauler. As you can see the toy haulers come with large long windows that no other models have. I recommend you guys make a RVLock for us toy haulers so this type of modification would not be required anymore. I'd be glad to provide you with more pictures and input upon your request.
View attachment 48911 View attachment 48912 View attachment 48913

Thanks for the info. We are aware of some of the problems the larger windows cause. We always appreciate comments and advice on how we can better accommodate customers. We'd love your pictures and input as reference as we continue to work on this problem. If you want to send them to kenna@rvlock.com I will be happy to get those with our development team. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It's always good to have a contact for a supplier. I have heard lots of good things about RV Lock on the forum.

Jim M

Thank you Jim! We have always enjoyed a great relationship with Heartland and appreciate the opportunity to help customers out and learn from the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome....

Your door lock and 2 remotes are sitting on my desk and waiting for a time when I go camping again and install them. :)

Congrats on your new handles. Looks like you are in Oregon and probably enjoying winter weather similar to our's. I hope you have plans for warmer destinations so you can install and start enjoying them sooner than later! :D Thanks for the welcome.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Kenna - we have been customers since the very first RVLock was made thru the current generation. Love it for the entry doorway. We are waiting a little longer before getting the slam latch locks because of the issue with putting them on with the thickness of the cargo/slam doors. Will be watching to see how the videos come out for the installs.

LBR

Welcome to the site!

We got in on the Black Friday special also... haven't taken the 2 door and 2 slam latch locks out of box yet for our 2017 CY... hopefully they will be a plug and play with no modifications needed...Thanx for the support here!

jbeletti

Hi Kenna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Thank you, Cade and the rest of the team for all of the support you've given to the Heartland Owners Club!

plshilo

Hi Kenna,
We got in on the Black Friday sale and got 3 cargo & 1 door lock for our 2017 BC. Our question is we are not sure the locks will fit the doors. We went to install today and found the pop rivets we don't want to go through all the work of drilling & then the lock doesn't fit. So do you for sure the locks will fit our 2017 Heartland????

RVLockSupport

Hi Kenna,
We got in on the Black Friday sale and got 3 cargo & 1 door lock for our 2017 BC. Our question is we are not sure the locks will fit the doors. We went to install today and found the pop rivets we don't want to go through all the work of drilling & then the lock doesn't fit. So do you for sure the locks will fit our 2017 Heartland????

Good morning, I hope you enjoyed the holidays! I completely understand not wanting to pop the rivets before knowing for sure. Our baggage handles WILL fit your Big Country cargo doors! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

TravelTiger

Hi Kenna,

They fit our 2016, however, the positioning of the new handle left a slight gap:
250ad42a70970d6687a92eb44789ef00.jpg

RV Lock sent us vinyl gaskets which cover the gap.

e1c404ae3d84539232bf20b5a9e87e4f.jpg

4c872e7ca90bf94c45ae552628da58b3.jpg

plshilo

Hey Erika,
Thanks for the information about the gasket....we will call RV LOCKS to get some for our install.

TravelTiger

Hey Erika,
Thanks for the information about the gasket....we will call RV LOCKS to get some for our install.

We tried to install one and that's when we realized the problem. It's not hard to put the old one back, or even leave the lock installed (as long as you are not getting heavy rain), until you get the vinyl gaskets. They asked for a pic of my problem, then sent the gaskets for free.

rocrider50

Good afternoon. I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as the new moderator for RVLock here on the Heartland Owner's Forum. My name is Kenna and I've been with the company for a couple of years. I'm happy to answer any questions as they arise and be involved with the members here. We love Heartland, its customers, and the support you've given us over the years! Please let me know if there is anything I can help with now or in the future. Have a great day!

Welcome, RVlock has always been great to work with, welcome. A solution for my 2017 3800 Cyclone doors would be appreciate though. The inside pull handle is too close to the window frame of the door, making it almost imposible to get your fingers in to shut the door. SOLUTIONS?

LBR

Welcome, RVlock has always been great to work with, welcome. A solution for my 2017 3800 Cyclone doors would be appreciate though. The inside pull handle is too close to the window frame of the door, making it almost imposible to get your fingers in to shut the door. SOLUTIONS?
Call them. They will have a new design specifically for our TH doors with the windows and trim that keeps their V4s from fitting correctly. This is targeted to be available end of this month.

I ordered 2 door and 2 slam latch locks Black Friday and wanted to see what would fit my CY doors better. I was told to send all 4 back for credit (they are unused) and another order with new style will be shipped to me. I just hope my Black Friday special prices will be applied to my new order tho!!

carl.swoyer

Hi there,
I have the electronic key pad and the rubber surface where you press the combination is cracking. Is that a part I can replace or do I replace the whole unit?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk