How do I ...

... post a followup directly on someone who has asked me a question? Like below, I was asked "what model" did I get; I responded, but it showed up on top again, not in the area where the question was asked of me. So how do I dodat, please? Also, what does "respond with quotes" mean, please? I clicked this, then deleted the stuff that was there, then answered the question "what model." Right or wrong, pls? FYI, I am somewhat computer literate and have been on blog sites before, just not familiar with this one. Woe is me!

Oregon_Camper

... post a followup directly on someone who has asked me a question? Like below, I was asked "what model" did I get; I responded, but it showed up on top again, not in the area where the question was asked of me. So how do I dodat, please? Also, what does "respond with quotes" mean, please? I clicked this, then deleted the stuff that was there, then answered the question "what model." Right or wrong, pls? FYI, I am somewhat computer literate and have been on blog sites before, just not familiar with this one. Woe is me!

The "reply with quote" will INCLUDED all the text from post. Each post has this option. (lower right side of my picture below)
**Note...there is a current bug when using "reply with quote" that disables the space bar. Just type a few letters and hit return and start typing again....then the space bar will work.

The "Reply to Thread" will simply allow you to reply...but with no included text. (lower left of my picture below)

Capture444.jpg

danemayer

A thread is composed of posts. When you reply or reply with quote, you're creating a new post within a thread to reply to an earlier post. You can't edit someone else's post. The position of newest posts, at top or at bottom of page is determined by your settings.

WBG

WBGavin

One thing to add to the previous posts, When you "Reply with Quote" be sure to add your comments AFTER the included quote (best to start with a new line by hitting the return from where the curser initially shows up. It does take a few posts to get the "hang" of this site, but overall it does get the job done. This is absolutely the very best resource to get answers. Help is always only a request away.