Bighorn residential refrigerator

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There is usually a valve under the sink or behind the drawers in the island
Keep an eye out for leaks after you turn it on

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

The water feed line to the refrigerator is typically routed under the slide out that holds the refrigerator. If temperatures drop below freezing, the water line, which is a thin poly, will quickly freeze and start leaking. If there's water in that line, it will freeze whether you have the furnace running or not. It's exposed to outside air.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Pull the drawers out and look down by the floor with a flashlight.
That's where my 2015 is but i thought I seen where they moved them under the sink to make them more accessible.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I can only find one valve and that is for the water to the sink only

If you have a cutoff valve on the water to the sink, that's the first time I've heard of that. If you take a closer look, you may find there's a tee off the line to the kitchen faucet, with a valve, and a 1/4" clear poly line coming out of the valve.
I've attached a picture. Yours could look a little different.

Attachments

• Water feed line cutoff Ashland callout.jpg
    Water feed line cutoff Ashland callout.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 64

ksucats

Look at the cold water line under the sink - on my coach there is a T valve a few inches up from the cabinet bottom but under the bottom drawer. I had to pull the drawer out a ways to see it. On my coach the center panel on the back of the island actually comes off (gives access to the water / drain lines if you have a dish washer installed. From there it was / is very easy to get to the water line for the Refer/ice maker.

Now, that said, I didn't notice where you are at but if you are where it is going to freeze you will need to purge the water line, ice maker and the water reservoir in the refrigerator. Not difficult but it does take a while to do it.

mlpeloquin

You may want to do some preventative maintenance. That cheep plastic line works in non moving homes. Several owners have had leaks and some have had damage form them. Replace it with a stainless steal braided line. Cost some time and a little money, but it will save you a ton of head aches in the end.

MGOBLUE67

You may want to do some preventative maintenance. That cheep plastic line works in non moving homes. Several owners have had leaks and some have had damage form them. Replace it with a stainless steal braided line. Cost some time and a little money, but it will save you a ton of head aches in the end.
I was able to find the water valve, which was located underneath the kitchen slide out (outside). We now how water flowing and ice cubes freezing!

- - - Updated - - -

The water feed line to the refrigerator is typically routed under the slide out that holds the refrigerator. If temperatures drop below freezing, the water line, which is a thin poly, will quickly freeze and start leaking. If there's water in that line, it will freeze whether you have the furnace running or not. It's exposed to outside air.
Thanks for the info. That's exactly where it was. Happy Holidays!

danemayer

I was able to find the water valve, which was located underneath the kitchen slide out (outside). We now how water flowing and ice cubes freezing!

A valve under the slide is usually a drain valve, not a cutoff. But maybe you have something new. Can you post a picture.

HOGHAULER

A valve under the slide is usually a drain valve, not a cutoff. But maybe you have something new. Can you post a picture.

I agree the with plastic valve under the slide is a drain valve to aid in winterizing. You have to look hard under the sink for the shut off valve it will be a chrome 1/4 turn valve off of cold water line [Blue].
If that is on and still no water you may have kinked line from improper installation [Like happened to me on My 2016 3875FB Bighorn.
If line has been bent you will need to cut out damaged area and install quick connector . !! do not unbend plastic line it will fail and leak and cause a lot of damage!!