Going on the Heartland factory tour

sjandbj

I had the pleasure to go on the factory tour 3 weeks ago. What a interesting time . It was during the Louisville KY RV show so there were no sales guys to lead the tour. I instead got Glen, engineer for the Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark, This could not have been a better pairing. I had someone who knew the rig inside and out. BTW did I say that I was the only one at the factory that day so it was a one on one tour. I learned more in one hour than I could have ever learned spending hours searching on the forum or asking the dealer how this are assembled. I must give the factory two thumbs up for allowing us to tour the factory and see how things are produced.
Thanks Heartland!!!

jlsr

Awesome!! Please share your thoughts on the tour. Especially any insight on the landmark construction. We are holding off on upgrading our RV until later this year in hopes that the Landmark Louisville will be released.
Will be anxious to hear your perspective!

sjandbj

It was interesting. I saw a couple of Big Horns in the production line at the start and 3 Landmarks at the end of the line getting the finishing touches done. The same guys build all three. So from a quality point of view they all get the same workers and it appears that the main construction is done exactly the same. That being said there are a lot of sweet things that the Landmark has in it that the others cannot get so if I was doing it again I would look very hard at getting the Landmark. When we bought ours they did not have a Landmark small enough for us. My wife did not want anything over the 35 foot length we have now. That left me with the Bug Country or the Big Horn. After I crunched the numbers I could get the Big Country with all the options I wanted that the Big Horn came with a little cheaper. Now that the Big Country does not come with the rear cap I would need to only consider the Big Horn or the New Landmark as options. It has been a very long time since I have toured any factories so I cannot speak to others quality but what I saw looked good. I think it really comes down to customer service. Heartland does a good job taking care of the customer in my opinion. I only wish I could have had a day or two to do all my mods before they closed up my rig. It sure would have made it a lot easier.