King jack antenna

Hulk

Any one have any experience with the king jack antenna. Seems to have good reviews. I am going to be full timing snd enjoy my tv after work. Should I just get dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Ours works amazingly well. We have a dish as well but use the antenna in the bedroom instead of having two receivers for the sat.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We addd the jack head only to our previous trailer's antenna mast. It greatly improved reception.

This rig we plan to replace the antenna with the complete jack antenna that doesn't need raising/lowering and has a signal meter built into the turn crank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We added the Jack antenna replacement head to ours two years ago. I wouldn't write home about the improvement. Still pixelates at the most annoying times. A satellite antenna will give you the best bang for the buck, provided you're not surrounded by tall trees to your south. Had to mothball our portable DISH system last summer after the trees (northern Michigan) grew taller and the leaves came out.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We also added the Jack antenna head to our antenna mast and have gotten great improvement on our OTA reception.

Rod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

clayhud

We addd the jack head only to our previous trailer's antenna mast. It greatly improved reception.

This rig we plan to replace the antenna with the complete jack antenna that doesn't need raising/lowering and has a signal meter built into the turn crank.

Erika & Tony,

I have the Jack Antenna mounted on the roof with signal meter. I did not want to raise / lower each trip. One note of caution, while we were at a Heartland rally we tried to watch a football game on a local station and could not receive the signal. A fellow Heartlander in a rig next to us has the Jack on his bat wing and was raised up and he received the signal. Lesson learned was with mine being lower I may not receive all digital signals. I have decided to keep the antenna mounted to the roof since a lot of campgrounds have cable.

pegmikef

Erika & Tony,

I have the Jack Antenna mounted on the roof with signal meter. I did not want to raise / lower each trip. One note of caution, while we were at a Heartland rally we tried to watch a football game on a local station and could not receive the signal. A fellow Heartlander in a rig next to us has the Jack on his bat wing and was raised up and he received the signal. Lesson learned was with mine being lower I may not receive all digital signals. I have decided to keep the antenna mounted to the roof since a lot of campgrounds have cable.

Mine is also mounted on the roof with the signal meter and as stated above the reception is not nearly as good as that of those who mounted it on their bat wing antenna. I really just use it for back up as I have a satellite system. I too did not want to have to raise and lower the antenna and I wanted the built in signal meter as well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika & Tony,

Thanks for the info., and good to know for those wanting to upgrade. The head is relatively inexpensive and can make a difference.

However, like Mike posted, we usually will be using satellite. Antenna is really just backup.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We also have the Jack/King replacement head for the batwing antenna mast.

In our side yard we pulled in 30-something channels.

With the King/Jack . . . 80+ channels parked in the same spot.

It is awesome!

ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020420.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg

I'll only use the park's cable if there are no OTA channels to be had . . .

I also bought a signal meter for $35 at Camping World . . .

TVsignalFinder.jpg