Ice maker water line valve

dilley

I have a 2016 Cyclone 4100. We have a residential LG refrigerator with an ice maker. It got cold (below freezing) and I (in my infinite wisdom) decided to empty the ice tray and allow water to run to the ice maker. Little did I know that the water line to the ice maker actually runs outside the RV and mounted to the framer under the kitchen slide. Needless to say, it froze and busted the valve. I am looking for a replacement valve but cannot fins anything on the valve itself other than the manufacturer is Sea Tech and AST F877 CSA B137.5. I have been to the sea tech website but cannot seem to find it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!IMAG0675.jpg

Last edited:

jhardin

Just a shot in the dark. Seems I read somewhere there is a cutoff near and under the sink.
Hope it helps!

danemayer

Hi dilley,

I believe the valve under the slide is a drain valve that in theory allows you to evacuate the water from the water feed line when winterizing. However, I don't think it does the job, so you may not even need to replace it. When winterizing the residential refrigerator, the best approach is to use compressed air. You can find directions in our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide. It's based on a Frigidaire unit, but the process will be similar on others.

There should be a cutoff valve where the poly line tees into the kitchen sink cold water line. Usually found under the sink or behind the drawers next to the sink.

dilley

Just a shot in the dark. Seems I read somewhere there is a cutoff near and under the sink.
Hope it helps!

Yes, thanks. I found the shut off under the kitchen sink. I need a valve and want to replace it with the original type.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi dilley,

I believe the valve under the slide is a drain valve that in theory allows you to evacuate the water from the water feed line when winterizing. However, I don't think it does the job, so you may not even need to replace it. When winterizing the residential refrigerator, the best approach is to use compressed air. You can find directions in our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide. It's based on a Frigidaire unit, but the process will be similar on others.

There should be a cutoff valve where the poly line tees into the kitchen sink cold water line. Usually found under the sink or behind the drawers next to the sink.

I shut off the water source under the kitchen sink. I need to get the line repaired but I cannot find the part number for that valve attached to the frame on the outside of the camper. I am not trying to winterize it, it is already busted and when a water source is there, it spray water all over the outside of the camper.

jhardin

Dilly,
My ice maker hose had pin holes all in it. I went to Lowe's and got an small brass cutoff valve that fit the existing hose and all I needed to connect it. Been there 4 years and no problem yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dilley

Dilly,
My ice maker hose had pin holes all in it. I went to Lowe's and got an small brass cutoff valve that fit the existing hose and all I needed to connect it. Been there 4 years and no problem yet.

Our hose had pin holes in it too. We replace it. Now I need to replace the valve and figure out what that valve is for. Any idea on the part number of that valve???

jhardin

Nosir, just take a piece of the hose to Lowe's, Home Depot or a hardware store. You will get compression fittings to connect hose (just pliers or wrench is all you need). I try to find a pick, if it wasn't dark I'd take a pic of mine. It will be self explanatory when you find the cutoff valve.

dilley

I think this is the part. https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Tech-3550-0404-Off-Valve/dp/B00NUKH794

but it doesn't seem to be available any longer on Amazon and the Sea Tech catalog doesn't show one that looks like it's spec'd for 1/4" poly.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for the parts dep't.

Thats the one! Thanks! I will call tomorrow from work. Glad you told me about vin number! I appreciate it

- - - Updated - - -

Nosir, just take a piece of the hose to Lowe's, Home Depot or a hardware store. You will get compression fittings to connect hose (just pliers or wrench is all you need). I try to find a pick, if it wasn't dark I'd take a pic of mine. It will be self explanatory when you find the cutoff valve.

If you could take a picture in the next couple days and post it here i would greatly appreciate it.

jhardin

This is the one I used....
42d3b653cb8ece55e932d3708bdf0d6b.jpg

dilley

This is the one I used....
42d3b653cb8ece55e932d3708bdf0d6b.jpg

Thats it? LOL.. I am panicking about using something thinking it controls how much water goes through it! LMAO... I over think things WAY to much! Thanks!!!!

danemayer

I don't know what good a cutoff valve would do under the slide. There's already a cutoff valve inside.

I understand if you want to replace the damaged part with one that has the same capability, although I don't think it actually provides you with any value. But if you're considering a cutoff valve instead of a drain valve, I'd suggest you save your money and get the inexpensive connector referenced earlier.

Btw, insulation won't do much good under the slide as there's no heat source. The insulation will just slow the freezing process slightly.​

_OZ_

!Re: Ice maker water line valve

I just discovered a nice pin hole leak under the kitchen island. Gonna head to Lowes and get some compression fittings to fix it.
Got the RV tilted no to get the rest of the water to run out. Try that in a house!
Thanks for the info gents!

I have this problem today on my 2018 Heartland Big Country. I'm guessing this is a drain valve to empty the fill line for the ice maker on the residential refrigerator when you are winterizing. I didn't know it was there, but if water was left in the line and froze over the winter, that's probably what busted it.

Anyway, using the Amazon part reference above, I found the replacement part at www.freshwatersystems.com. It's been rebranded as a Watts Aqualock part #3550-0404.

I'll try to rig something up for this trip and replace it when I get home.