Trouble lighting Furrion Oven

MGOBLUE67

Good evening
we just purchased a 2017 Bighorn 3970RD as well but cannot get the furrion oven to light

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Does the stove top light?

Do you hear the striker clicking when you try to light the oven?

Do you smell propane when trying to light the oven?

Did you get any operating manual for the Furrion oven?

Help us understand more about your particulars and learn this new product together.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Re: Furrion oven - start up

"Google" the model number .. add manual/user guide, PDF .... should be able to find instructions !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MGOBLUE67

I
Does the stove top light?

Do you hear the striker clicking when you try to light the oven?

Do you smell propane when trying to light the oven?

Did you get any operating manual for the Furrion oven?

Help us understand more about your particulars and learn this new product together.

We only received the manual for the microwave/convection oven. Yes the striker is working. I do not smell propane, but we have already used the stove top a few times so yes the stove top lights

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3247.jpg
I

We only received the manual for the microwave/convection oven. Yes the striker is working. I do not smell propane, but we have already used the stove top a few times so yes the stove top lights

HOOKERUP

Re: Furrion oven - start up

Hold the knob to left .It will have spark to ignite oven burner. Make sure all air is out of line.

jbeletti

Threads merged.

I found what appears to be a Specifications and Installation manual for the oven. Dan Mayer uploaded it to HOM. Here's a link to it.

Lippert is the US distributor of Furrion product to the RV industry. I've reached out to them to obtain operating manuals for both the Furrion Propane Cooktop and Oven. When I get them, I'll ask Dan to put them on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals).

This won't help you get your oven lighted soon enough I'm afraid. Continue to dialog with others here in this thread that have the same oven.

You may also wish to contact Furrion by phone in the morning to do some live troubleshooting...

Furrion USA Headquarters

2612 Glenview Drive Elkhart IN 46514
Toll free: 1.888.354.5792
Canadian customers: 1-574-327-6571
Fax: 503.389.7671
Sales and distribution: sales@furrion.com
Service and support: support@furrion.com
Warranty: warrantyUSA@furrion.com

matersky

I am having the same trouble. I lit it once with an external lighter despite the pilot light in the background not lighting it. It will not light now with either. I hold it down and nothing happens. I hear the clicking but nothing. Help I'm hungry

Kbvols

We have a Furrion oven and stove. You have to hold the knob in even after there is a flame you may have to keep holding for awhile. It seems to take a bit longer for the flame to keep lit on these than our other stoves/ovens. They perform well after lit though.

On a separate note it takes forever to get parts from them. We had a plastic shelf bracket missing for the rack in the microwave/convection oven when we bought our RV. I called HL in June and they ordered it from Furrion. I had forgot about it until I received the parts Mid September. It wasn't a big deal but it is probably a 50cent at best part not sure why it took so long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I am having the same trouble. I lit it once with an external lighter despite the pilot light in the background not lighting it. It will not light now with either. I hold it down and nothing happens. I hear the clicking but nothing. Help I'm hungry

I had issues with the oven as well. Once the mechanical problems were solved it took FOREVER to get gas to the pilot lite. Once I got there it worked every time. If you shut off the gas and run out the propane using it in the furnace for example it may take forever again. The range seems to lite immensely though. Once you have the pilot light staying on you can go a head and turn on the burner.

ibjae

Problem here too. Pilot light will lite but goes out once the knob is released. Just bought the 2018 3010RE two months ago. Dealer can't get to it until January. I am guessing the thermocouple is bad. Using it in December, will try some of the suggestions I read here. Good forum; Newbie to Bighorn.

jimtoo

Problem here too. Pilot light will lite but goes out once the knob is released. Just bought the 2018 3010RE two months ago. Dealer can't get to it until January. I am guessing the thermocouple is bad. Using it in December, will try some of the suggestions I read here. Good forum; Newbie to Bighorn.

Hi ibjae,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi ibjae,

Are you holding the knob IN for at least 15 seconds after the pilot light ignites?

LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS

1. Before lighting, reset gas control knobs to the OFF position.
2. Check that the main inlet gas valve is OPEN.
3. Ensure to keep the oven door in the open position for the full ignition
process to view the pilot and burner until lit
4. Push and turn the gas control knob counterclockwise to
position until burner lights. (you will hear a small clicking
noise.)
5. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn gas control knob
off, wait 2 minutes and repeat the lighting procedure.
6. Once the pilot flame is lit, continue to hold the oven control knob in for 10-15
seconds, then release knob and verify pilot stays lit. Repeat the above steps if pilot
goes out after releasing the knob. (Keep the oven door open for this process)
7. After the pilot flame is ignited and the control knob is released, then turn the
control knob counter-clockwise to the required temperature setting.
8. Within 20 seconds of the pilot flame being lit the main burner flame will
automatically ignite, confirm with a visual inspection before closing the oven door