Door locks for 2017 Cyclone

LBR

Just got around to installing my Black Friday Sale locks today....have read that they don't fit quite so well on doors with the full length windows such as mine has, but went thru the motions on the first one to see how far from flush the outside half would be. The window frame is holding it out at least 1/4" from proper sealing and am wondering what the correct fix is...Thanx.

5ba9fe415f30d3ab337c7184ef436d64.jpg

0e9b7d4b486b80c9a66c5d773c4c61db.jpg

RoadJunkie

I think the fix is to go to V3 style with the separate key pad. I had one for years and it worked pretty well. Sometimes you had to enter combination twice, but it always worked.

I had a similar problem with a slam baggage lock. The RVLocks are thicker than OEM and the off door side slam door handle, next to the UDC, just so happened to be in the middle of the pillar between the UDC and the basement. The RVLock would not allow the slam door to close without modification. One RvLock will have to be enough on that door.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it were me I would be taking a Dremel tool to the lock base.
But that's just me.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it where me I would just grind off the back side of that lip until its close to fitting then sand the last of it to fit perfectly over the seal.

LBR

Thanx for the replies everyone....

Massaging the lock is not a problem to step it flush with the door, and the same will need to be done on the inside part also. I was hoping RVLocks could also chime in to verify that grinding away won't affect the outside touch sensitive numbers 4&5, as that is where the most metal will need to be removed from. I would be unhappy with myself if the fit and finishing grinding harmed that touch pad in any way.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hey I just got a message from Cade at RV lock.
They have made a new lock to fit your doors it will be out very soon.

Get ahold of RV lock and they will switch them out for you as soon as they can

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LBR

That is awesome news...getting to be more and more THs out and about that can use the new design! Thanx for the heads up!!

I actually called them 15 minutes after they closed today and will be calling them tomorrow....

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is the message from Cade.
(We have another model coming available in January that will fit. It is not as wide and will be able to sit down flush. Please let him know. He can send back and we will swap him out with the other model first of year. Thx)

LBR

Here is the message from Cade.
(We have another model coming available in January that will fit. It is not as wide and will be able to sit down flush. Please let him know. He can send back and we will swap him out with the other model first of year. Thx)

Again, thanx so much for the update. This new lock model will be appreciated by many CY and RR owners in the years to come!

LBR

I have to say that I am very impressed with RV lock and their customer service.
As am I...Called and emailed support today....

My original Black Friday order was 2 V4 door and 2 slam latch locks. Was informed that the newly designed TH locks will be available end of January. As several here like, all 4 were keyed the same in original order.

So I can send the 2 door locks back for exchange, but if I keep the compartment locks will probably end up with 2 different keys, so am going to send all 4 back for full credit and start over again in February 👍👍

cdensomnia

Did anyone ever get a model number or see an announcement from RV Lock on what the new version is that will fit? I have a 2015 with the full window doors which I am not a huge fan of but it would be nice to get the RV Lock that would actually fit without grinding the lock housing down.

LBR

Did anyone ever get a model number or see an announcement from RV Lock on what the new version is that will fit? I have a 2015 with the full window doors which I am not a huge fan of but it would be nice to get the RV Lock that would actually fit without grinding the lock housing down.

The new design is for our full length windows and trim.

I fitted one of the V4 door latches to see how it looked and knew from previous posts grinding and extra sealant would be required. I'm handy with problem solving remedies and was ready to grind and seal......then found out about the new version due out end of January. I chose to wait a month to try them.

I didnt ask for the model of them.....heck, RVLocks may not even know what it will be called...lol. When I spoke to sales, the receptionist in December knew nothing of a new version, so IDK, hope I get my new locks some day or at least credit back for the 4 locks returned.

Last edited:

LBR

January is almost over give them a call again.
They should have some answers for you by now.

Thanx....

They probably received my locks with descriptive note either Friday or today, so am going to let it slide rest of week. One of my negative (??) traits is never to be a squeaky wheel.