Ventless Dryer Combo

jhardin

Need some opinions. I have run across a Splindide 7100 xc (ventless) washer and dryer for $400. It is about 3 years old and was taken out of a camper that was sold. I have read where it seems the majority of people like the vented one. Is it just the extra time to dry and water usage ? Would you buy or try the machine for this price or do you dislike it so much you wouldn't have it if someone gave it to you?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I tried a ventless Pinnacle machine for a month, and didn't like it as clothes would never seem to completely dry, ever. I also have been using a Haier brand ventless combo in an apartment I'm temporarily staying in for a job, and have the same issue- clothes never truly get dry.

If you are fine with knowing you'll always be hanging clothes up to "finish" drying, and time is not critical when washing clothes, then yes, take the deal! Splendide is a good reliable brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jam20ster

I have a splendid 7100xc, the same model you are asking about. Yes it does take longer to dry, and yes it works best with smaller loads, but once you figure out the few quirks it works great. We full-time, so it does get used daily, sometimes multiple times a day. When it comes to washing comforters we take those to a washateria, but all other items we use the Splendid.

Reason for smaller loads is just to help with the wrinkles. When it comes to items that you aren't concerned about wrinkling you can fill drum up 3/4 of the way (atleast we do).

For $400 i would buy it in a heartbeat. I paid much much more for ours and would buy it again.

Gaffer

Where does the water vapor go when drying? Might be a concern if you are not in low humidity.

jhardin

Where does the water vapor go when drying? Might be a concern if you are not in low humidity.
Gaffer, it all goes back to the drain. It uses 1-2 gallons of water to dry with. Sounds unreal but true frame what I've read where vented heats the air from the RV and sends it outside.

porthole

Retired
I paid Under $600 for our vented W/D combo when we bought he trailer (06/2009).
Personally, I would not go through the trouble to install a W/D and not vent it.
Personally, I would not buy a 3 year old unit for $400

Go-Fly

Ventless work fine with small loads. One of the reasons I bought a Bighorn was because it had a big enough closet to install a Sears propane dryer, laundry center. Dries a load in less then 30 minutes. We do sheets and blankets once a week, along with the rest of the laundry. Just like at home. We are full time now and find we have less time to do the wash.