Fiberglass rear end cap or not?

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I've owned trailers without fiberglass rear end caps and currently own one with. I personally prefer the end caps, but in looking at upgrade options I've found some models I like without the rear end cap. I'm trying to convince myself that the rear end cap is NOT as big a deal as I think. What do you others think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Resiemon

A lower lineal footage of seams to leak in 5 years.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

lynndiwagoner

I like the fiberglass end cap also. It's a shame that the Big Country quit using it. On my 2014 it was an option and I have one. It looks like there is a semi fiberglass end cap option on the new BC's which looks pretty good.

rhodies1

I've owned trailers without fiberglass rear end caps and currently own one with. I personally prefer the end caps, but in looking at upgrade options I've found some models I like without the rear end cap. I'm trying to convince myself that the rear end cap is NOT as big a deal as I think. What do you others think?

I personally like them,I have had models without but I think the unit looks better with an end cap.Its also another layer of protection from leaks.
It comes down to personal preference.

sjandbj

When I bought my 2015 Big Country that is the reason We selected it. If there was no end cap I would been force to get the Big Horn. I won't have a unit without the end cap.

RoadJunkie

If rear fiberglass end caps were cheaper in the manufacturing process than flat ends with faux-fiberglass trim, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. If the faux-cap design held some technical advantages over the full fiberglass cap, then Heartland would be using the design on all high-end units. Maybe, in the near future, they will. I hope not.

happykraut

Personally to me the rig looks cheap without the cap. I've owned five fivers and only my first one did not have the cap. I would not own a fifth wheel without the rear cap.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Personally to me the rig looks cheap without the cap. I've owned five fivers and only my first one did not have the cap. I would not own a fifth wheel without the rear cap.
Yes I agree with the looks thing. Wish the 2017 GD Solitude 375RE came with one. Absolutely amazed at rear basement storage on this unit.

dkelly243

I think the rear cap really finishes the looks of a fith wheel off. That being said, my unit doesn't have one. We r 3 years away from retirement and will only be able to do 8 or so weekend trips a year until then. I really wanted the 3875 Bighorn, but could not justify the extra 20 grand. Ended up with the traveler. But when I purchase my retirement FW it will have a rear cap and full body paint.