Brand new Northtrail leaking.

I bought a brand new northtrail at the end of the season. Has not even been used yet and went out to check the mail yesterday and noticed a nice delamination line from the front of the nose cap all the way down to the storage compartment. This made me almost sick. Called my dealer all they could inform me is well we just need to look at it. My appointment is not until almost the end of January. I now have major regrets buying this camper. If it was improperly sealed no telling where else this thing could start leaking at.

danemayer

I bought a brand new northtrail at the end of the season. Has not even been used yet

Hi CJohnsonFlagpros,

There's usually a large white label on the frame, toward the front on the doorside with the VIN# and date of manufacture. When was your unit manufactured?

danemayer

The reason I ask is that checking the caulking and re-caulking as needed is a maintenance item that's recommended to be done several times per year. Unfortunately, when trailers sit on the dealer lot, the dealers rarely if ever do any of the recommended maintenance. It's very possible that a caulking problem around a light/marker, or seam went undetected because no one was checking.

The dealer does need to look at it, and they'll probably take some pictures and discuss with Heartland.

You might take a look at the recommended maintenance schedule in your trailer manual and discuss with the dealer what maintenance was done during the year it spent on their lot.

donr827

Report this to HL customer service so that there is a written record with them. Some dealers are not very good with this.
Don