2008 3795 Looking for Transfer Switch

rvansnick

Anyone know where the Transfer switch for the Generator to Shorepower might be located in a 3795. I am trying to source the problem with Generator and seems like it might be wired incorrectly or a faulty transfer switch.

thanks

Rick from Nova Scotia, Canada

Smokeyfl

If it is the same as the 09 Razor 3612, there is no transfer switch. You have to be sure to unplug the shore power if you want to test the generator.

viking4545

if you take off the panels inside the storage area, I believe that the transfer switch is on the door side by the central vac. I have an 09 and there is actually a white access panel that I can see my switch through, right next to the vac, hopefully yours is the same.

Loco

Open your right side transverse compartment door remove the first panel to the left. Some unit have the outside radio mounted there. the switch should be right behind that panel . In my rig it is right behind the breaker box.

Forrest Fetherolf

ht,

Nice pic...............have you identified each of those wires? :eek: Mine looked like a bowl of spaghetti too..........didn't attempt to decipher. :confused: If you clean-um-up..........copper is worth a few bucks toward fuel. $$$$$$$:)

Forrest

rvansnick

Thanks so much for all the help, this is the greatest forum and everyone is so helpfull, my new 3795 has a generator problem and with the help from this forum it will save me hauling it 2 1/2 hours to a onan dealer and him telling me it is not the generator. So thanks again for the tremendous support and hopfully I can reciprocate.

Thanks

Rick VanSnick
Nova Scotia, Canada
2008 Cyclone 3795

rvansnick

Generator problem solved

Thanks everyone for the help, it saved alot of grief. I just got back from having the electrician out to my Cyclone 3795 and the problem was where the wiring enters the Automatic transfer box. The clamp holding the wire was of metal construction with a edge on it and it was clean through the wire down to the bare copper causing a complete short. Electrician repaired it properly and everything works perfect now. I advised the factory and they were real pleased to hear and will be checking those Auto transfer boxes carefully and keeping track of any problems or corrective measures so this doesnt happen again. The factory have been awesome thus far and also given great faith in owing this beautiful product. The cyclone is by far the nicest quality Toy Hauler i have seen and we love it.

Thanks again,

Rick VAnSnick
Nova Scotia,
Canada

wdk450

Another reply to an old (2008) thread that didn't get locked to new postings, due to a software glitch.