Aqua-Magic STYLE II: water leak in the bowl and over flowed during the night.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 with a Aqua-Magic Style II toilet. Christmas Eve I got up at 0600 and found that During the night water had leaked into the toilet bowl of course causing it to over flowed. Shocking to step onto a cold wet floor and soggy rug. We've been monitoring the toilet closely and it has not leaked again. Our previous 5er we had this problem with a broken spring latch in the petal and I would just replace it, even carried a extra one. Looking online don't see this with the one we have now. Anyone had this type of problem and know a fix for it I would very much appreciate the help.

"Happy Trails"
chiefneon

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Or a Dometic 320 is a significant upgrade, for around $230.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Or a Dometic 320 is a significant upgrade, for around $230.

You need 11" from the back wall to the center of the flange for the 320. I would install a shutoff valve whatever you do.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20161005_170359.jpg
    20161005_170359.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 221

Ldo

I had this happen to a previous 5er and this conversation gave me an idea. First when ever we leave the r v we turn off the water supply; you can never know in advance when something will fail. Now I headed to the hardware store to purchase a noise alert device that sounds an alarm when it senses water. Behind the toliet will eliminate that nasty overflow surprise. Originally meant for indoor waterheaters and inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

donr827

I had this happen to a previous 5er and this conversation gave me an idea. First when ever we leave the r v we turn off the water supply; you can never know in advance when something will fail. Now I headed to the hardware store to purchase a noise alert device that sounds an alarm when it senses water. Behind the toliet will eliminate that nasty overflow surprise. Originally meant for indoor waterheaters and inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We had three water sensors that ran off AAA batteries. They were in the bathroom, next to the water heater, and under the kitchen sink.
Don

chiefneon

Howdy!

I have read your replies and I'm considering replacing our Aqua-Magic II with a Dometic. I recently purchased a new lighted Kolher toilet seat so I would like to continue to use this seat with the new Dometic. Anyone know which one would match up with it the 310 or the 320?

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
307ad7e737666699686c77fc3d96724a.jpg

Here are the specs for the 320. I would say the seat is more like a residential elongated bowl style.

Gaffer

Howdy!

I have read your replies and I'm considering replacing our Aqua-Magic II with a Dometic. I recently purchased a new lighted Kolher toilet seat so I would like to continue to use this seat with the new Dometic. Anyone know witch one would match up with it the 310 or the 320?

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Probably won't fit the 320.

I just had this same thing happen this weekend in Oregon. I can not find any reason why it would have happened. Any idea why yours or anyone else's did this? I'm still trying to dry everything out while being hopeful there is no permanent damage.

eddylives

I had a similar incident in our previous heartland unit.
Found the bowl almost overflowing at the last minute by fluke lol.
I just made it a rule to lift the pedal with your toes when you flushed and never had an issue after.
As for the cause I never figured it out for sure?
I always thought it was a valve seal issue on the foot pedal caused by a piece of debris