Is the BC prewired for 2nd AC and where is the wiring?

Taz Devil

I have a 08 3250 TS and wanted to know if my unit is pre-wired for a 2nd AC in the upper bedroom area? :eek:

Taz.
I have a 09 3250TS and heard that if you have a breaker in box that says for 2nd AC then it should be ready for another AC. I have the breaker but there is no sign near vent of wiring. So i would also like to know how we can find out for sure if it is wired.
Just spent week at beach and one air conditioner didn't handle moderate temps. I think main unit was freezing up and have decided to carry to dealer for repair. It was a little miserable in the heat of the day and temos were just in the upper 80's.

Taz Devil

I had a problem with mine when we went to Tampa (Lazy Days Campground) for the weekend (1st time out, too). We came back from a concert and noticed that the ac sounded funny and there was no air coming out from the vents. It had iced up on us while we were gone. Good thing for us that it wasn't that hot that night.

I tried all the tricks I had heard. Leaving fan on and not on auto. Tried fan on high and still nothing solved the problem. I had to turn off unit and leave fan running to thaw out then it worked fine for a little while. If we went out I would set themostat on fantastic fan to come on if temps inside got too high. Had pets inside and was concerned about them. My last camper did the same thing so I carried it to dealer and didn't have anymore trouble.

Taz Devil

I currently have mine in the shop, not just for the ac but a leak that was discovered the 4th of July weekend, and the dinette slide that doesn't go out correctly and seal all the way. So we won't be using our's for a little while. When I told the service tech about the ac freezing up and the temp I had it set on, he stated it should not have frozen up like that. We travel with a couple of dogs, which is always a concern during the summer months here. Hope they get yours taken care of. :)

Shadowchek

I found that there is a divider between the supply and return and ours was not installed properly allowing the the supply air to circulate right back to the return. A nice little air loop that allows the air then to get too cold causing problems. I put the divider in the right, sealed everything and did my own version of the tent in the vent. I can't open the airflow to come down through the grill anymore but I get good airflow through the duct work. Works much better now. Do a search for tent in the vent.

Greg

Taz Devil

OK, I'll bite..What in the world is "the tent in the vent?" I did a search and it showed individuals mentioning the tent in the vent but not explaining what it actually is or who to do it. Please explain.

jimtoo

Here it is Taz Devil,

This is link explaining the tent modification, and it helps a lot.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1069

Taz Devil

Thanks JimToo, there is alot of interesting reading. You would think with all the people having these problems the manufacture would ensure that this matter would be taken care of. I had a 29' Puma and had no problems with the ac. Great air flow. Mine is in the shop right now and told the service writer about the weak air flow and the freeze up. So hopefully they will take care of this issue. Thanks for the info.

jimtoo

Yes. A lot of mods are made by owners to improve what already is acceptable by manufactures standards. Any mod by the manufacture results in higher cost to the consumer (me and you). Any way most are small and we can do them ourselves and then we can say we improved our rig this way.

Mine also had the freeze up problem, which was easy to correct. Not only did the divider between the intake and exhaust air leak, an easy fix. The temperature sensor on the coils had fallen off, a small round afair with a couple of wires on it, and was hanging down. Also a simple fix, just clip it back onto the cooling coils and no more problems.

I am sure your problems will be taken care of and you will enjoy your Big County

Shadowchek

I agree with JT these are nice 5vers and with a few mods they are outstanding. I would rather do a couple of things myself and keep it affordable. I might not feel this way if I was rich but we were able to afford a BH so all is good.

Greg