Cold garage

In the modification section of the Torque community section I saw where Bjoseph made some mods to address his garage section being cold. He made several well thought out modifications to address the lack of insulation and very little warm air flow. I am in the process of addressing the same on my Torque 321. For the air flow problem (1 - 2"duct) I'm having an inline fan installed to try and force more warm air into the garage section. As for the insulation I am considering using a 2 part spray in foam type of insulation instead of the sheeted foam board. Has anyone any experience using the spray in closed cell foam? What are your thoughts for this application? This product is somewhat more expensive, but from what I have read it appears to be one of the better options. I just don't want to waste time and $ on something that will not work.

Resiemon

Make sure the spray on insulation does not have formaldehyde. The small fan will disrupt the hot air flow to the rest of the rig.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

Make sure the spray on insulation does not have formaldehyde. The small fan will disrupt the hot air flow to the rest of the rig.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

Thanks Resiemon, The spray is not supposed to have formaldehyde but it is something I will double check. As for the fan, the idea was given to us from Heartland and for sure it will take away from the rest of the unit but in our situation (We use the garage area for my Disabled Daughter and her equipment) the priority is in her area. Thanks and have safe and Happy New Year.

Miltp920

I had a Cyclone 3100, and we had the same issue with heat in the garage. When I saw the post, I thought about a small inline fan, and then I read your post to see that was your solution too. I think you can get access to that heat ducting under the sink by the hot water heater. Well that was my Cyclone. Good luck, I hope it does not disrupt the rest of your RV. Another option, which I am sure you are already doing, is a quality thermostatically controlled ceramic heater. For the summer, I have seen another small A/C unit installed in place of the ceiling vent. They make A/C units that double as heat pumps. That might be an option for both seasons. Milt

MurrayN.

With my new Torque 321 we found the same thing with virtually no heat getting to the garage. Solved that with a $30 electric heater with thermistat. Simplest solution. On the other end of the trailer about 90% of the heat comes out of the bathroom register, very little out of the others. Tried switching the hoses coming off the furnace but then the was a smokey smell? ?? Not the best heating system. Other than this, I love the trailer.