Basement replacement doors

maxco2732

Hi everyone,
New to the forum!
I damaged one of my basement access doors this weekend with a slide. I got the shock of my life when Camping World of Midway, FL gave me an estimate of $800.+\- Is this cost in line for replacing a door? Are there any places to buy direct?
Thanks,
RAM

danemayer

Hi maxco2732,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Shipping cost could be a significant adder. If a dealer near you has a trailer on order, Heartland might agree to put the part in that trailer and arrange for you to pick it up at the dealer, avoiding shipping cost.

jimtoo

Hi Maxco2732,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. Also if your a member of the Heartland Owners Club you will receive a discount on parts.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Garypowell

When I was at HL this summer having a frame flex problem fixed I asked what it would cost to replace one of my basement doors that was warped. The part was $700.

Since it does not leak I decided to not have them do the repair.

maxco2732

Hi Maxco2732,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. Also if your a member of the Heartland Owners Club you will receive a discount on parts.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks Jim!

maxco2732

Hi maxco2732,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Shipping cost could be a significant adder. If a dealer near you has a trailer on order, Heartland might agree to put the part in that trailer and arrange for you to pick it up at the dealer, avoiding shipping cost.

Thanks Dan!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I can't tell on my phone what the age of your rig is, but HL might not have the door. There is a parts source called Bontragers that has parts, too. They also did not have the two doors I needed for my 2009 BH, but another owner/HOC member did. When measuring for a replacement, measure the outside frame dimensions, not just the door panel. They are a single unit. It is fairly easy to replace them, if you find the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Hi everyone,
New to the forum!
I damaged one of my basement access doors this weekend with a slide. I got the shock of my life when Camping World of Midway, FL gave me an estimate of $800.+\- Is this cost in line for replacing a door? Are there any places to buy direct?
Thanks,
RAM
We had the unfortunate experience of having our basement door severely damaged by our bedroom slide. Our unit was brand new and one of the dealer's employees closed the slide with the door open. Not only was the door damaged, the lower trim on the slide out was damaged. Adding insult to injury was the fact that we just closed on the purchase and not even hooked up to it yet. I mentioned to the dealer twice that the door needed a cable limiter put on it so it would not open too far to avoid making contact with the slide out but that didn't happen. Took 3 weeks to get the door and trim and then, since our unit has full body paint, 5 days to repaint the door and trim.

What concerns me is whether the repaint on the door and trim will still match a year down the road, since, although color matched, paint made by a different company was used for the repaint. Color may match now, but what about a year or two down the road. Guess time will tell.