Torque T32 questions

phantaz

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I live in the beautiful Big Sky country of Montana. I have been seriously looking at purchasing a new Torque T32 and was hoping that some of you who own one of these could answer a couple questions for me. First off, this is a huge hauler and I was wondering how you guys liked towing it? I was also curious as to what WDH setup you might be using? If I do buy one of these I will be pulling it with a Ram 3500 srw diesel. Thanks in advance.

hboy1

I saw you have not got a response so I will give you my thoughts. I have a dodge ram 3500 srw diesel. I tow a 5th wheel toy hauler. I went to a 5th wheel to get away from the bumper pull travel trailer. Towing is much more comfortable in my opinion with the 5th wheel than long bumper pull travel trailer.

I see plenty of long high profile bumper pull trailers going down the road. I'm sure you will be pleased. That truck will not have any problem handling that trailer. Just thought I would offer my thoughts.

schew

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I live in the beautiful Big Sky country of Montana. I have been seriously looking at purchasing a new Torque T32 and was hoping that some of you who own one of these could answer a couple questions for me. First off, this is a huge hauler and I was wondering how you guys liked towing it? I was also curious as to what WDH setup you might be using? If I do buy one of these I will be pulling it with a Ram 3500 srw diesel. Thanks in advance.

Hi Kevin,
We were looking at the torque tq32, but settled on the torque tq31. As the gvwr, dry weight weight, tongue weight are similar one would think the the towing experiences are comparable. The lengths are identical.

I've always read that 5th wheels tow better than bumper pulls, and I really wanted to get one. What steered me away from it was the fact that I despite having plenty of power towing it with my F250 powerstroke, I'd still exceed my gvwr. In the end we picked the tq31.

It tows wonderfully, much easier than I thought it would. I use an Equalizer hitch with the built in away bar and it seems to do the job. My first trip was 1 day after I picked up the trailer, a 2k round trip elk hunting trip. Gassing up in crowded stations was a concern for me given the length and height of the rig, and the fact I needed to get to a diesel pump ended up a non issue. A little patience and forethought each time was all that we needed to be able to maneuver around the gas stations..

Only thing I would like to see improvement would be is to eliminate some I the bouncing I feel from the rear of the truck due to the tongue weight..

phantaz

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the info. I really do like the floor plan of the T32 and I think that's the direction I'm going to go. Now, just have to wait for the snow to melt.

660griz

I responded to the private message but, I will post here too just in case others have the same question.

I use the Equal-I-zer WDH with 4 point sway control. 1200lb tongue weight model. My tow vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with a CTD. I installed Supersprings in the rear to help with the load. Tows pretty good. My transmission hates when I stop on an incline but, I am going to remedy that soon. (Aftermarket transmission.)