Insulation in the walls of the slides

capehank

I am wondering about the amount of insulation in the walls of the slides. As I put my hand on the side walls of the slides, there is a definite difference in temperature compared to the other walls. Am I correct to assume there is less insulation in the side walls?

Thank you for your input.

danemayer

The side wall of the trailer starts with a single piece. The openings for the slides are cut out and applied to the slide out box. So the slide out wall should be the same as the rest of the wall.

But there's a lot of potential for heat transfer around the windows and around the edges of the slide out.

sjandbj

I am wondering about the amount of insulation in the walls of the slides. As I put my hand on the side walls of the slides, there is a definite difference in temperature compared to the other walls. Am I correct to assume there is less insulation in the side walls?

Thank you for your input.

When went through the factory tour I saw that the slide out walls are cut out from the trailers walls so they are the same thickness as the rest of the walls.

capehank

The short side of the slide, like the front and back, is where I see the temperature difference. Is the same insulation used in those walls too?

danemayer

The short side of the slide, like the front and back, is where I see the temperature difference. Is the same insulation used in those walls too?

Since it's not from the same piece, the composition is likely to be different. I've seen rigs in winter camping locations where they fit foam board on the outside of those walls to provide additional insulation. That's fairly easy solution as long as you're going to be in one place for a while.

sjandbj

As Dan already stated they are a slightly different composition. they both are frame by 1.5 inch aluminum tubing so they should be very close to the same thickness. I am not sure about the inside wall material though.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

The end walls and ceiling in our 3010 had a shallow blanket of fiberglass or rock wool insulation not pressed foam like the other walls. I assume our current 3270 is the same. Haven't had to remove a wall switch in this rig yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your rig is a 2011 and I have a 2011. The insulation in the walls of my slide outs is fiberglass blanket, about one inch thick.

Peace
Dave