Big Horn 3055RL TV Reception With Antenna

desertden

We bought a 2008 Big Horn 3055RL in May of 2007, but have never tried to use the roof antenna for TV reception always using the cable connection. Currently sitting in the Southwest Orlando KOA with extremely poor cable reception on the lower VHF channels 2 thru 6. After several attempts by the KOA staff to resolve the problem, it remains. I was told that the local stations can be received quite well via the roof antenna. After consulting the Owners Manual for both the Big Horn and the Olevia HDTV I found no guidance regarding use of the antenna. There are only two BNC connectors behind the TV one for cable and one for satellite. I have no satellite antenna. After raising the roof antenna, I got no signal. Anyone know how to solve this problem? Also, I find nothing indicating that there is an amplifier for that antenna unless it is hidden in the structure of the Big Horn. There is no mention of it in the Owners Manual.

Gaffer

Push in the red button on the bedroom tv wall plate. It will light up. This is the booster for OTA tv. Leave it off for cable.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You'll want to use the same connection you've been using for cable just push the button on the booster in the the bedroom.
Red Light on is antenna
Red Light off is cable
Crank it up pull down on the ring and spin it around until you get the best reseption.

Good luck
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have the booster turned on in the bedroom and still get no OTA reception you may need to dump the bat wing antenna and replace it with one that is suitable for UHF digital signals.
The King Jack Antenna is a popular antenna.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You'll also need to scan the TV for local channels as well.

We got rid of the batwing and have the King/Jack head replacement antenna and it is awesome!

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg

You might also want to get a TV signal meter (got ours at Camping World) or download an app (DTV Antenna) that will tell you where to point the antenna.

Also try this:

At one RV park we frequent I've found that when we hook up to the park's cable that if I scan the TV on the antenna mode instead of the cable mode the cable channels come in better.

Strange . . . but true!