Popular options to order?

CPDDet

Hi folks, and Happy New Year,

We will be ordering our new Sundance 3100CK in the coming weeks and that means choosing options for the camper. I thought it best ask the group which options they have found most useful and which options they have which aren't all that useful.

Thanks for any advice you can pass along.

Dave & Ronna

Skywrench

Full Timer
Hi folks, and Happy New Year,

We will be ordering our new Sundance 3100CK in the coming weeks and that means choosing options for the camper. I thought it best ask the group which options they have found most useful and which options they have which aren't all that useful.

Thanks for any advice you can pass along.

Dave & Ronna

I'm not sure if they offer an auto level but if they do, that would be my #1 choice.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Dave & Ronna:

I got the first 2017 3100 CK off the line last June and ordered every option available...Fireplace, larger Refrig, counter top ext, Level up system, second AC, maxi fan in kitchen, swivel/rockers, and then put G614's on as well.
The second AC allows cool air to flow from the bedroom down into where you are entertaining without a lot of noise. The fireplace will heat the entire unit, even the bedroom on a cool evening, and for sure the level up is a no brainer! The larger refrig takes away the pantry but I don't do canned or boxed food that often as I stick to fresh and frozen. Counter top extension is a great place for a cutting board and it's out of the flow with the large counter top on this unit.

You might want to think about replacing the chinese tires that come with the unit.
Good luck in your decisions....PM me if you need any additional information.

Safe Travels.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Replace the tires immediately unless it comes with Sailun tires. I wish I had the dual pane windows. They make a difference with noise and also provide a bit more insulation for heating and cooling. The suggestions from Garry(doublegranch) are right on also. Install an electrical management system(EMS) after you get it. That could easily prevent an electrical disaster down the road.

Dean-Pam

Don't know if it is a option, but in addition to getting rid of the Chinese tires, I would also go with disc brakes. We had MorRyde add them to our 5er and I will never have another camper without them.

Good luck on your camper!!!

pegmikef

I would priortize three options. Tires, axles upgrade, levelup! The first two for safety, the last for easy set up and tear down (no more carrying wooden planks or leveling blocks.

CPDDet

Thanks to all for the suggestions. As always, its a balancing act between needs, wants and budget. Found out disk brakes would have to be aftermarket as they are not a factory option. Right now our list includes:

Electric rear stabilizers (if needed with the leveling system)
4 point leveling system
Counter top extension
Free standing dinette
15K BTU AC in place of 13.5K BTU
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] AC in bedroom
Maxx fan in living room & bathroom
Dual pane windows

Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires, a 50 amp EMS and a new mattress are also on the list.

Thanks again!
Dave & Ronna

Doublegranch

Just an FYI....they will not put on rear stabilizers on the 3100CK if you have the 4 point level up system. Also you won't need them anyway! I asked about them when they were building my unit.
Good luck and you will love the new model.....

gasman

Camp Socializer
Just an FYI....they will not put on rear stabilizers on the 3100CK if you have the 4 point level up system. Also you won't need them anyway! I asked about them when they were building my unit.
Good luck and you will love the new model.....

Garry, do they offer the six point level up on the Sundances?

Doublegranch

Not on the 3100CK, only the 4 point. It's only 34 ft long and even with the rear kitchen, there is no movement when it is set up...I have already have 5,000 miles on it so far.

Now some of the larger Sundance I am sure they offer the 6 point.