PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/13/2017 to 9/17/2017

JWalker
01-05-2017, 09:48 AM
​We started throwing out the idea of attending the Hershey RV show in September.
http://www.prvca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=59
We are not quite sure if there is going to be a HOC club presence there yet. Maybe if we get enough people to join, we will set up a booth. If we do get enough interest, we'll probably do the booth Friday and Saturday.

We made reservations at Harrisburg East campground.
http://www.hbgeastcampground.com/
Located just off the PA Turnpike. About a 20 minute drive to the RV show location. There are no blocked off sites for the group. This is unofficial, so it is first come first serve. Everything books quickly around the area due to the RV show. So if you'd like to join, my suggestion would be book now.

PA chapter leaders, Lyle and Nancy Mercer (travlin2) are joining in.

Keep me posted using this thread.

FRIDAY
Walkers
Mercers
Mariglianos
Bettons
Summers ??

SATURDAY
Walker
Mercers
Mariglianos
Lustgartens
Klines

SHOW DEALERS, PLOT, BRANDS
Plot: B1
Brands by Dealer:
Wilkins
- Big Country
- Bighorn
- Bighorn Traveler
- Cyclone
- Elkridge
- Gateway
- Landmark
- Sundance
- Sundance XLT
- Terry Classic
- Torque

Camping World
- Mallard
- Prowler
- Pioneer
- Fuel

Plot Image (PDF):

HOOKERUP
01-05-2017, 11:22 AM
That sounds like a possibility. There was no club set up last year,most were in Lake George at this time. Linda and I usually go Wed. to Friday. ( I don't think it was a good idea last year )

JWalker
01-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Nice. Hope it works in your schedule.

JWalker
01-19-2017, 12:03 PM
Jim and Colleen Marigliano are in.

JWalker
01-30-2017, 02:47 PM
Welcome the Klines (Bones) to the mayham. Glad they can join us.

Bones
02-01-2017, 09:24 PM
party time now

JWalker
03-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Was in the area today. Did a quick run from campground to Hershey Show Complex.
14 minutes door to door. Not bad. But it was a Sunday with medium traffic.

Campground is easy to get to. Right off RT283. Only a mile or so from PA Turnpike. Several restaurants and diners near by.

Bones
03-05-2017, 05:53 PM
that's good to know.

Dennyha
03-05-2017, 06:36 PM
We've stayed at that campground several times while visiting family. Sites are a little tight, but the people that run the campground are very nice. There's a silver car diner very close that has an awesome breakfast. (Have to try the scrabble.)

JWalker
06-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread. Anybody interested in hanging out at the Hershey RV show, you better contact the campground soon. I would imagine RV sites will fill up fast during the time of the RV show.

OEFVET
06-20-2017, 10:36 AM
We've stayed at that campground several times while visiting family. Sites are a little tight, but the people that run the campground are very nice. There's a silver car diner very close that has an awesome breakfast. (Have to try the scrabble.)

Did someone say SCRABBLE?

JWalker
06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Did someone say SCRABBLE?

You never know who you'll meet at the RV show….Hah Chris...

KrazyKampers
06-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Dale and I went to the show two years in a row. Once on Saturday and last year on a weekday. I can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday. Parking is horrendous on Saturday and the crowd was twice a large. Unless you get there early, you will be parking in the field across from the Giant Center and walking across Hershey Park Drive. They have crossing guards so it's not a big problem. I would suggest you buy your ticket in advance if you go on Saturday as it will save some time getting through the gate. All of this is not an issue on a weekday. I wasn't very impressed with the vendor exhibits last year either. We will not be camping with you guys but may come over to the campground one evening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pamela_R
07-05-2017, 10:16 PM
My husband and I retired recently and are still a few months out from buying an RV, which is why we have decided to make the trip to Hershey. I really, really love the Heartlands but I haven't been able to see any Landmarks in our part of the country, or some of the Big Country or Big Horn models I am interested in. We might also consider a luxury toy hauler just so we have the versatility of storage or guest bedroom. But, again, in spite of all the miles I have driven, I haven't been able to see the models I am most interested in. Which is ironic, because they are built a couple of hours from where we live.

Since we don't yet have an RV, we won't be staying in the campground. But, if you plan on getting together, I hope you will allow my husband and I to join in. We would love to learn from your experiences.

Also, while I can find plenty of information about the show, I am having difficulty locating the official website. I would like to order tickets in advance. I have not found the cost, or whether they sell a multi-day pass. I have booked a room for the entire time. Anyone know how much parking and admission costs?

Pam

travelin2
07-06-2017, 06:04 AM
My husband and I retired recently and are still a few months out from buying an RV, which is why we have decided to make the trip to Hershey. I really, really love the Heartlands but I haven't been able to see any Landmarks in our part of the country, or some of the Big Country or Big Horn models I am interested in. We might also consider a luxury toy hauler just so we have the versatility of storage or guest bedroom. But, again, in spite of all the miles I have driven, I haven't been able to see the models I am most interested in. Which is ironic, because they are built a couple of hours from where we live.

Since we don't yet have an RV, we won't be staying in the campground. But, if you plan on getting together, I hope you will allow my husband and I to join in. We would love to learn from your experiences.

Also, while I can find plenty of information about the show, I am having difficulty locating the official website. I would like to order tickets in advance. I have not found the cost, or whether they sell a multi-day pass. I have booked a room for the entire time. Anyone know how much parking and admission costs?

Pam

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the Heartland family.
Here's the website for the show https://www.prvca.org/rv-show/consumer-info
Wilkins RV from NY is the Heartland dealer representing at the show. As the show nears MAYBE information regarding specific models will be available if you contact their Bath location http://www.wilkinsrv.com/
As for joining us, we and other members of the HOC, will be at the Wilkins display coaches Friday and Saturday for sure. We are always willing to share our experiences with anyone who'll listen. Also, earlier in the thread you'll see some of us are staying at the Hsbg East RV park. Numerous motels nearby allowing you to visit any of us at the RV park or join us during "feeding times"...LOL!
We'll see you in Hershey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker
07-06-2017, 06:31 AM

Pam

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the Heartland family.
Here's the website for the show https://www.prvca.org/rv-show/consumer-info
Wilkins RV from NY is the Heartland dealer representing at the show. As the show nears MAYBE information regarding specific models will be available if you contact their Bath location http://www.wilkinsrv.com/
As for joining us, we and other members of the HOC, will be at the Wilkins display coaches Friday and Saturday for sure. We are always willing to share our experiences with anyone who'll listen. Also, earlier in the thread you'll see some of us are staying at the Hsbg East RV park. Numerous motels nearby allowing you to visit any of us at the RV park or join us during "feeding times"...LOL!
We'll see you in Hershey

Lyle covered it all. Love to see you there.

A few few weeks prior to the show, I can usually get a copy of the models and floorplans that will be there. This is subject to change, depending on what new models Heartland can get to Wilkins in time for the show. I will post the info as soon as I can. I'm guessing it will not be till late August or early September.

Feel free to ask any questions. We will do our best to answer.

porthole
07-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Are you all grouped in the same area ?

travelin2
07-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Doubt it!! In fact I have call and confirm my reservation
Our confirmation has us on 107. We stayed in that row during an earlier visit.

JWalker
07-06-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm not even sure what site we are on. We booked it back in January and I can't remember. I'll have to check when I get home.

Bones
07-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'm not sure what site I'm on either

travelin2
07-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm not even sure what site we are on. We booked it back in January and I can't remember. I'll have to check when I get home.

Be here before we know it...then the summer will be over!!!!

JWalker
07-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Are you all grouped in the same area ?

Doubt it!! In fact I have call and confirm my reservation
Our confirmation has us on 107. We stayed in that row during an earlier visit.

Just looked at our confirmation. We are on site 108.

terribruce
07-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh man!! How I wish we could come, but we have our North Pacific Regional Rally that month. Look forward to maybe one day visiting that
part of the country. Have fun guys!!

Terri

travelin2
07-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Oh man!! How I wish we could come, but we have our North Pacific Regional Rally that month. Look forward to maybe one day visiting that
part of the country. Have fun guys!!

Terri

Put it on your bucket list. We've been west a number of times but need to hit some HOC rallies once we return

porthole
07-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Moot point, they only have short sites available.

Bones
07-07-2017, 04:56 AM

they put me up and I think I'm longer than you or at least just as long

JWalker
07-07-2017, 06:00 AM
We have a spare bunkroom with no one using it that weekend. Lol

porthole
07-07-2017, 06:32 AM
they put me up and I think I'm longer than you or at least just as long

Thats because you didn't call yesterday ....

travelin2
07-07-2017, 07:11 AM

It's that extra 10' on that honking big Landmark [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Bones
07-07-2017, 07:50 AM
It's that extra 10' on that honking big Landmark [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Well he's not the only one with that problem. I could have an extra 2 foot problem if everything goes well. If it doesn't go well than no problem.

porthole
07-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Only 7' :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Well he's not the only one with that problem. I could have an extra 2 foot problem if everything goes well. If it doesn't go well than no problem.

Dave - the problem is I wasn't sure of our plans preceding the Hershey show, so I did not call until yesterday.

Bones
07-07-2017, 08:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Dave - the problem is I wasn't sure of our plans preceding the Hershey show, so I did not call until yesterday.

Ok I understand. well miss ya :)

travelin2
07-07-2017, 08:29 AM

- - - Updated - - -

As you know, there are other alternatives in the area. I said I was staying here due to familiarity and others decided to follow the pied piper [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]!!
Hope you can make it...

Bones
07-07-2017, 08:31 AM
I just called and I'm in site 103

JWalker
08-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Anyone interested in a little "After Show" dinner?? Friday or Saturday?? Or both??
The Walkers are game.

Any recommendations??

travelin2
08-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Anyone interested in a little "After Show" dinner?? Friday or Saturday?? Or both??

Silly question...
We like Appalachian Brewery. They have dually parking
There's a Mexican place on Jonestown Rd, Rt 22.
Won't go hungry

porthole
08-06-2017, 11:28 AM
It would appear nothing is available in the area. So if nothing else, "if" we travel in that direction towards the MD rally we may park the Cyclone at the show for a day.

JWalker
08-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Silly question...
We like Appalachian Brewery. They have dually parking
There's a Mexican place on Jonestown Rd, Rt 22.
Won't go hungry

We can always count on the Mercers to lead us to the good eats.

Dawnnira
08-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Hmmm, Saturday get up and drive to Hershey the greatest smelling place on earth...are you kidding? Dawn and I can help man the booth on Saturday if needed. It'll give us a chance to look ahead to 2025 for our next one. Got to have goals...yes, we will stay for dinner with friends. Let us know our shift-looking forward to seeing you all. Happy Sunday afternoon from beautiful weather New Jersey.

-Ira

JWalker
08-06-2017, 12:34 PM
It would appear nothing is available in the area. So if nothing else, "if" we travel in that direction towards the MD rally we may park the Cyclone at the show for a day.

Madison is not making the trip, so you, Deb and the dogs can bunk in her room. I'll let you two fight over the top bunk...

bdb2047
08-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Can park here if you want

JWalker
08-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Hmmm, Saturday get up and drive to Hershey the greatest smelling place on earth...are you kidding? Dawn and I can help man the booth on Saturday if needed. It'll give us a chance to look ahead to 2025 for our next one. Got to have goals...yes, we will stay for dinner with friends. Let us know our shift-looking forward to seeing you all. Happy Sunday afternoon from beautiful weather New Jersey.

-Ira

Sounds great. I'll watch you spend your money....

Dawnnira
08-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Sounds great. I'll watch you spend your money....
We did enough of that in Goshen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JWalker
08-06-2017, 01:47 PM
We did enough of that in Goshen

And you did it so well!!

travelin2
08-06-2017, 03:16 PM

Maybe they'll let you boondock here overnight. It's very close to Hsbg East CG
https://stores.basspro.com/us/pa/harrisburg/3501-paxton-st.html

KrazyKampers
08-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I worked in Hershey for 27 years. There are lots of good places to eat. Downtown on 322 is Houlihan's and Devon. The Chocolate Grill is also good as well as What if and Dukes. Hotel Hershey and the Lodge have some nice restaurants too. There are also plenty of campgrounds in northern Lancaster County near us that may have spots available. It's about a 35 minute drive to Hershey. We will be attending on a Friday and can help out for an hour or so.

JWalker
08-06-2017, 07:49 PM
I worked in Hershey for 27 years. There are lots of good places to eat. Downtown on 322 is Houlihan's and Devon. The Chocolate Grill is also good as well as What if and Dukes. Hotel Hershey and the Lodge have some nice restaurants too. There are also plenty of campgrounds in northern Lancaster County near us that may have spots available. It's about a 35 minute drive to Hershey. We will be attending on a Friday and can help out for an hour or so.

Thanks. See ya there!!

JWalker
08-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Thanks,

Lustgartens
Summers
Bettons

Going though the remainder of my emails today. I'll post updates and be in touch with an updated schedule.

Bones
08-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Ok. Food depends on when I can arrive on Friday as well as working.
Saturday I can work then I'll go to the show. My one goal is to have the sign guy make me a sign. I'm open for dinner but it may only be me depending on the venue.
Sunday I'll be of duty as we are going to go to Hershey park for the day.

Rottiesmom
08-07-2017, 08:12 AM
The Marig's are gamed for whatever the majority wants to do. We've been to a few of the restaurants Dale and Karen have mentioned and were very satisfied with their selections. Hope you find a spot somewhere Duane and Deb it won't be the same without you guys. Looking forward to just hanging with our heartland peeps!

JWalker
08-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Ok. Food depends on when I can arrive on Friday as well as working.
Saturday I can work then I'll go to the show. My one goal is to have the sign guy make me a sign. I'm open for dinner but it may only be me depending on the venue.
Sunday I'll be of duty as we are going to go to Hershey park for the day.

Make you a sign….Now I'm interested??

Dawnnira
08-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Fyi...I just had a Rise and Roll Bavarian cream filled cinnamon donut.

jbeletti
08-08-2017, 12:32 AM

Oh man - rub it in why don't ya :) Love those things!

Bones
08-08-2017, 04:54 AM
Make you a sign….Now I'm interested??

It is the same sign guy that was there last year and he was at the show. We would like to have him make us a sign for the camper but you have to get to him first thing in the morning to get it by the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had gotten some of the ice cream filled donuts. I have looked all around here for them and haven't found them yet.

Dawnnira
08-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Freezing them in saran wrap works...😁

porthole
08-08-2017, 08:29 AM
It is the same sign guy that was there last year and he was at the show. We would like to have him make us a sign for the camper but you have to get to him first thing in the morning to get it by the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had gotten some of the ice cream filled donuts. I have looked all around here for them and haven't found them yet.

We obviously missed the store on the way home. I plugged the address into the GPS and the actual versus SAT location where different.

JWalker
08-15-2017, 01:15 PM
​Updated.

Heartland floorplans and layouts updated on post #1

JWalker
08-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Just a quick reminder for all that are working the HOC booth. You might want to bring your camping chairs with you that day. Give you a chance to get off your feet for a little.

JWalker
08-31-2017, 04:23 PM
An updated plot layout has been added to post #1. The HOC booth will be located near the Terry Classic and Big Country section.

SEE YA THERE!!

travelin2
08-31-2017, 04:56 PM
Ezup and table provided as indicated on the PDF???

JWalker
08-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Ezup and table provided as indicated on the PDF???

Provided by yours truly. And whoever I can persuade to help me carry everything in. Hint. Hint. Hint

travelin2
08-31-2017, 05:23 PM
Provided by yours truly. And whoever I can persuade to help me carry everything in. Hint. Hint. Hint

I'm old...

Rottiesmom
08-31-2017, 09:14 PM
I'm old...

I'm old too but I can carry in some pens and pencils LOL

JWalker
09-01-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm old...

Oh yeah, those pens and pencils won't help much keeping you out of the rain or in the shade. But I'll wave to you as I'm standing under my cool dry spot......

Rottiesmom
09-01-2017, 09:48 AM

I have a big umbrella LOL. Of course you know we will help with whatever needs to be done!

JWalker
09-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm old...

Oh yeah, those pens and pencils won't help much keeping you out of the rain or in the shade. But I'll wave to you as I'm standing under my cool dry spot......

I bet Jim has one of those umbrella hats he can wear. He'll be set to go no matter what!

Bones
09-05-2017, 05:17 AM
I'll help carry things in.

JWalker
09-05-2017, 08:05 AM
I'll help carry things in.

Thanks Dave. What day are you arriving?

Bones
09-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Friday early evening late afternoon time frame. I'm not sure I have that ironed out yet

JWalker
09-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Just a little info to pass along.

RV Show/Giant Center
550 Hershey Park Dr.
Hershey PA 17033

https://www.prvca.org/

Vendor Layout
http://i68.tinypic.com/azb14h.jpg

Bones
09-07-2017, 07:43 AM
I can't wait to check out the new cyclone 4270.

JWalker
09-19-2017, 06:55 AM
What a great weekend for a show. Warm and sunny.
http://i64.tinypic.com/1zn3meb.jpg

It's hard to explain the mass amount of display units at the show.
http://i65.tinypic.com/xbbp61.jpg

THANKS to a great group of Heartland friends who volunteered their time.
http://i67.tinypic.com/15nlni0.jpg

chaplady
09-19-2017, 11:06 AM
As I told the Heartland GM for bighorn, the Heartland owners group is a valued asset to Heartland. Camping with the northeast group is more then just a group you feel like part of a family. I'm sure each region feels that way too. Can't say enough about the chapter leaders for their outstanding ability to make you feel at home. Thank you all for all you do though out the year. Great seeing everyone in Hershey.

jbeletti
09-19-2017, 11:12 AM
As I told the Heartland GM for bighorn, the Heartland owners group is a valued asset to Heartland. Camping with the northeast group is more then just a group you feel like part of a family. I'm sure each region feels that way too. Can't say enough about the chapter leaders for their outstanding ability to make you feel at home. Thank you all for all you do though out the year. Great seeing everyone in Hershey.

Bill and Liz,

Thank you for sharing your sentiment of what the HOC means to you. I just left our Pacific Region rally and came away with the same feeling you have. Our HOC family is so important to us and them to each other.