Fresh water tank

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Move if you have to.....

Need to sanitize my fresh water tank before next trip. Have the anderson 4 way valve. How do I get the bleach into the tank? And what position does the 4 way need to be at?

Thanks.

Piperflyer

You need to put your Anderson Valve in the tank position. I have my hose attached to the RV and add my clorox solution to the other end of the hose. I attach the hose to a water supply, turn the water on to the hose which will then begin to fill my tank. As soon as one of the overflow valves start dripping water from my fresh water tank, I turn the water supply off and let the water sit for awhile in the tank. I then turn my water pump on and run the tank water through all my faucets and then let that sit for awhile. Once completed I empty my fresh water tank with the drain valve. When the tank is empty I close the tank drain, fill with water again and then pump fresh water through all my lines again.

mlpeloquin

Check out the Heartland User Guides under Tools.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

FreshWater Tank

Heartland recommends a solution of 1 gallon of water and ¼ cup of household bleach for each 15
gallons of tank capacity. A 90 gallon tank would take a mix of 6 gallons of water and 1 ½ cups of bleach.
Add the recommended solution to the fresh tank and complete filling the tank with fresh water.
With pump on, open all faucets to
release trapped air. Close the faucets and allow the pump to
pressurize the system.
Let stand for 3 hours.
Drain and flush with fresh water.
A solution of 5 gallons of water with 1 quart vinegar may be used to eliminate excessive chlorine
taste. Allow
the solution to agitate in the fresh tank by vehicle motion. Do this over a period of
several days if possible.
Drain the tank again and refill with fresh water.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Thanks Marc. I looked in the tools section but could not find it.
Again thanks for the info.

But how do you do it with the 4 way vavle?

danemayer

Thanks Marc. I looked in the tools section but could not find it.
Again thanks for the info.

But how do you do it with the 4 way vavle?

Load the bleach into the empty hose before connecting it to the faucet and turning on the water.