Cabinets

Occo

I have had many cabinet doors come unglued in the past few years. It appears the glue used for assembly is very poor. I would sure hope Heartland would use better quality material for this. It is a negative for a supposed quality coach.

getPart

happykraut

I have had many cabinet doors come unglued in the past few years. It appears the glue used for assembly is very poor. I would sure hope Heartland would use better quality material for this. It is a negative for a supposed quality coach.

getPart
Are you wanting to know how to glue it or are you just venting?

carl.swoyer

The back side of the doors are stained but not lacquered. This allows moisture in. Gorrilla glue and clamps. Wet both sides of the joint as the glue is activated with water.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Occo

Yes, happykraut. I am venting. I did re glue all of them as they separated. I am a bit disappointed there has been no response from the factory. It would be nice to know how they are being built now.

danemayer

Yes, happykraut. I am venting. I did re glue all of them as they separated. I am a bit disappointed there has been no response from the factory. It would be nice to know how they are being built now.
Hi Occo,

The factory doesn't monitor all posts to the forum and there's no "ombudsman" waiting to answer any question that might come from the thousands of forum users.

The Brand General Managers do see posts from several areas of the forum, and sometimes participate in the discussions. But they don't respond to every post they see. And of course, they're pretty busy, so there are going to be times where they just aren't available.

happykraut

I just had my fourth one break loose a couple days ago. I use Gorilla glue, but never have found it necessary to use clamps. I also only dampen one side as per directions on the box. I've never had to reglue one that I previously glued.

BigGuy82

Hi Occo,

The factory doesn't monitor all posts to the forum and there's no "ombudsman" waiting to answer any question that might come from the thousands of forum users.

The Brand General Managers do see posts from several areas of the forum, and sometimes participate in the discussions. But they don't respond to every post they see. And of course, they're pretty busy, so there are going to be times where they just aren't available.

See, this is the thing about this industry that drives me nuts. They are pretty busy? Times when they just aren't available? Too busy to answer a customer? I'm retired now, but if they worked for me while I was a product manager, they'd have a lot of time available while they were job hunting. If the brand manager doesn't have the time, he has a CS organization to handle this. There simply is no reason not to respond to a customer, even if they might not appreciate the answer. No sympathy from me on the "too busy" excuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

See, this is the thing about this industry that drives me nuts. They are pretty busy? Times when they just aren't available? Too busy to answer a customer? I'm retired now, but if they worked for me while I was a product manager, they'd have a lot of time available while they were job hunting. If the brand manager doesn't have the time, he has a CS organization to handle this. There simply is no reason not to respond to a customer, even if they might not appreciate the answer. No sympathy from me on the "too busy" excuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a Forum Moderator, I try to at least scan every post, and when I can help, I'll respond. There are a few of us who do that on a volunteer basis. I can tell you that it's very time consuming. If I were working full time, I can assure you I wouldn't have time to do this.

The General Managers try to keep up with selected areas of the forum, but to expect them to see every post is completely unrealistic. To expect a response to every thought is completely unrealistic. Are you aware that there are over 37,000 users and over 500,000 posts on this forum?

When a GM sees a post where he can add value, he will jump in. But not every post is seen and not every post gets a comment or answer from a GM. And yes, if they're at a show talking to attendees for 10-12 hours, they may not spend the rest of their waking hours on the forum.

On the other hand, if you pick up the phone, you're very likely to get a member of the GM's sales team, or perhaps the GM. And Customer Service is always available, although sometimes you might have to wait on hold for a few minutes.

It's really not about choosing to respond to a customer. It's about how the customer chooses to make contact.

BigGuy82

As a Forum Moderator, I try to at least scan every post, and when I can help, I'll respond. There are a few of us who do that on a volunteer basis. I can tell you that it's very time consuming. If I were working full time, I can assure you I wouldn't have time to do this.

The General Managers try to keep up with selected areas of the forum, but to expect them to see every post is completely unrealistic. To expect a response to every thought is completely unrealistic. Are you aware that there are over 37,000 users and over 500,000 posts on this forum?

When a GM sees a post where he can add value, he will jump in. But not every post is seen and not every post gets a comment or answer from a GM. And yes, if they're at a show talking to attendees for 10-12 hours, they may not spend the rest of their waking hours on the forum.

On the other hand, if you pick up the phone, you're very likely to get a member of the GM's sales team, or perhaps the GM. And Customer Service is always available, although sometimes you might have to wait on hold for a few minutes.

It's really not about choosing to respond to a customer. It's about how the customer chooses to make contact.

That makes sense and I agree. However, I don't ever remember seeing a Heartland response to even major issues on this forum. Seems they could be involved more.

NewHopians

Big Horn Traveler

Do we have a separate forum for the Big Horn Traveler 5th Wheels? If not how do I start one?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That makes sense and I agree. However, I don't ever remember seeing a Heartland response to even major issues on this forum. Seems they could be involved more.

I don't think that Jim Beletti, the originator of the forum back when he was only a new Heartland 5ver owner, ever expected Heartland to use this forum to answer owners' complaints. It was a place for owners to gather and share info.

A "perk" is that somewhere along the line, Heartland saw merit in Jim's ability to foster fellowship among owners and create brand awareness -- they hired Jim and took over supporting the forum fiscally. I believe it is "managed" by Jim and the volunteer moderators.

As Dan mentioned, Heartland does not monitor and answer every question/issue that gets posted. What RV manufacturer does that?

Thankfully, The super-talented HEARTLAND OWNERS that participate on the forum help every single person they can. That's what the forum is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Tom Montague, Andy Wesdorp, AJ Jones, Mike Creech, Ryan Brady and others have responded to many questions on the forum; usually to clarify prospective customer questions. But they typically don't get into technical debates. If someone is having a major technical issue, it's more likely the issue would get forwarded to Customer Service and the poster might get a phone call the next day.

The VP of Sales also keeps and eye out and occasionally posts to the forum. And the GMs often use the forum to get feedback on changes that are under consideration.

And of course Jim Beletti, the Director of Customer Interests, pays very close attention to everything on the forum.

And while Heartland's participation on the forum probably exceeds that of any other RV manufacturer, it doesn't mean that it necessarily matches everyone's expectations.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Jim Beletti has, when it seemed necessary, interceded on the behalf of members of this forum to uplink a problem to the necessary agency. I am a recipient of his involvement. Many, but not all, problems can be solved by interaction with other owners on this forum and the complainant knowing which end of a screwdriver is the business end. If you lack basic mechanical skills and problem solving techniques, owning an RV may not be in your best interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

Just a short response about the cabinet doors. When I took delivery of my trailer during the PDI one of the hinges popped out. According to him the hinge is not glued but pressure fitted. He also thought the strut was too strong. Any how I used the Gorilla glue, wetting one side, and clamped them for the time required by the instructions. I had to glue six doors. The factory might have changed their methods since I purchased mine.
Don

happykraut

Right after I joined the club I had trouble with one of my bulbs burning out as soon as I'd turn it on. I got on the forum and asked for help after I checked the voltage in the socket. Within 2 hours of posting, my phone rank and it was Heartland asking me about my problem. They sent me some bulbs free of charge. I must have had a bad run of bulbs. I was shocked at the great (actually uncalled for) service that I received.