2016 Mallard M32 exterior lighting question

goff

Hi there. Basic question. There are two orange covered lights on each side, toward the front, and about eight red covered lights in the back. I cannot figure out how to turn any of them on.

I found the switch for the "porch light" by the main door. I found the switch for the awning LED lights. I found the switch for the light up front that helps with setting up at night. And I found the switch for the front facing cosmetic LEDs.

But these numerous orange and red covered exterior lights... where's the switch or switches?

Thanks!

Brandon

danemayer

Hi Brandon,

8 red lights sound like they might be running lights. Have you checked with the truck connected and truck lights ON?

goff

Thanks, Dan. We are heading out on our first trip next week. Once all hooked up, I'll find out if that's the answer. Sounds like it. Thanks for the hint. I'll reply back once we figure it out.

Brandon

goff

OK, that was certainly a good beginner's question!

Yes, all eleven of those lights are just running lights for when the trailer is hooked up for driving...

I've got a better question next, for you practical types.

Thanks,

Brandon

Onicsin

Hi, can somebody answer this question for me how can I install these lights on my mallard m32

Attachments

• IMG_2922.png
    IMG_2922.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

MDH2021

Hello Onicsin,

We have lights on the front cap of our 2021 Mallard M260. They might look cool, but we hardly ever use them. The switch on ours is inside the front storage on the driver's side, not convenient.

david-steph2018

Hi, can somebody answer this question for me how can I install these lights on my mallard m32
You will need to run a power lead to the lights. Also. you will need to install a switch to be able to turn the lights off/on.
You may need to get behind the front cap to have access to run the wiring.

david-steph2018

You will need an access point from the inside, on both sides of the rig. Maybe try to run the wires under the rig and up thru the bottom of the front cap. But I have not seen any access points to the front cap. Behind the front cap is insulation for the front of the rig.
Probably the best would be for you to be able to remove the front cap to install the wiring and the lights.

But if you do not get it resealed good, you could have leaks. If it is still under warranty that would be gone.