Water heater duct tape?

timk

Coley,

I was in the process of installing my solar system, snooping around under the floor, when I found a small circuit board, about 3x5 or so. Looks like it might be a thermostat of some kind. It looks like it was duct taped to the water heater and simply fell off and now its laying on the floor.

Question is.
What does it do? If it was just taped to the foam on the outside of the water heater, I'm thinking it must not bee to important? Am I wrong?

thanks in advance
Tim K

new 06 3400rl

BluegrassMan

Hi timk:
That's a new one on me, I figured that the only printed circuit board would be up near where the OLD style heaters had the manual box for settng the temp. Mine has black rubber plugs, and the manual says it is ALL electronic and should be only checked by experienced technician

You know how they build cars etc. That may have been dropped while building and just went along for the ride down the assembly line.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I'm wondering if it is the control circuit for the direct spark ignition for the hot water heater. You may find it works on electric but not on LP.

Phil

kerry

Water Heater Duct Tape

The circuit board is for the dsi. Most from the factory are just taped to the back of the water heater. Most come loose. either retape it or find a place to permanently mount it on a nearby permanent place. All of this is infact the case if the board your talking about has wiring connected to the water heater.

timk

kerry said:
The circuit board is for the dsi. Most from the factory are just taped to the back of the water heater. Most come loose. either retape it or find a place to permanently mount it on a nearby permanent place. All of this is infact the case if the board your talking about has wiring connected to the water heater.

Yes it does connect to the water heater. Didnt think it was too important if it was just taped on. It looks nice and cozy right where it is. Since I'm about 4ft too tall to get to it.

thanks for your input

TimK