Slideout rebuild close to being finished pics

Loco

Well after two full days of work I have gotten close to the end. Of course I have had to make other improvements as I go. My bedroom slide has always pitched up when you first start back in with it.The bed frame would rise about a inch up off the floor just as it started in. Well I fixed that with my new rollers and track I put on.the track will not allow the slide to pitch up. It comes in nice and level now.I have all the tie plates in glued and screw in. Then in went the new 1"x 8" full width replacement bottom plate. Glued and screwed on from the outside Then finished with auto body bond-O to fill the little seam between the new bottom plate and the old one and to give it a nice smooth finish for me to glue and press the outside laminate back on to the bottom plate. I had to make some custom cuts to make the tie plates fit under the slide out Hyd system under the bed. I most likley over killed on the heavy duty tie plates made of 3/4 hardwood ply. But it will not ever let the seam turn lose. That is for sure. It is all hidden under the bed any way.

Attachments

• Cylcone slide out repairs 021.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 021.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 213
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 033.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 033.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 030.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 030.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 028.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 028.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 027.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 027.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 026.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 026.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 191
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 022.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 022.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 205

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Nice job loco. Very professional looking. You can tell you spent a lot of time on it. Looks like the factory could take lessons.

Jett

Loco,

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep a close eye on the sealant around my slide-out. I've had problems in that area -- not related to water intrusion -- so I'm being extra cautious. (Both of my rollers pulled loose from the coach side frame. Heartland authorized a repair that involved complete removal of the rollers and replacing them with a 2" x 2" glide strip that extends the full length of the slide-out. Seems like a bullet-proof set-up)

Jett

Loco

The slideout looks like new now

Well I GOT R DONE. You would never know it was damaged. Works like new. Also did some rewiring on rig while I was working on rig. I had had some bad connection in my outlets. SO I had been planning on putting real outlets in the rig and get rid of the cheap push type outlets. Pictures of finished slide and new outlets below.

Attachments

• Cylcone slide out repairs 037.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 037.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 036.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 036.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 035.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 035.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 034.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 034.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 041.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 041.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 040.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 040.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 039.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 039.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Cylcone slide out repairs 038.jpg
    Cylcone slide out repairs 038.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 119

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice work Loco, Hopefully yours is one of the very few to have this problem. I checked ours when I saw your first post and it looks good and feels solid as a rock so hopefully there's no problem. I'll be keeping an eye on it though. Travel Safe!