New Torque T31

ZConn

New Torque.jpg
Brought home our new T31 last night! Excited for the bigger garage area!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hi ZCon,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

schew

Congratulations! Did you add on any options?
We love our TQ31 and cannot wait to take it out this summer..

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the HL Forum. Safe travels and hope to meet you down the road. Be sure to look at the HOC which is one of the best benefits of owning a Heartland rig. Later and have a great day.

ZConn

Congratulations! Did you add on any options?
We love our TQ31 and cannot wait to take it out this summer..
We did not add anything. They had a couple of them on the lot and this one had what we needed. One big bonus for us is the one long couch/bed in the garage instead of the two that are split. The camper we traded in had those and we did not like them as well. The wife is currently adding her own touches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

eggs1959

Hi,

I am currently looking at a 2016 T31 and have a question on the rear tail swing.
Does anyone know the tail swing on a T31.
The area I want to store it is along side my garage.
To get out I will need to make a hard left turn to exit my driveway.
Trying to figure the distance I will need on right side between unit and garage to avoid hitting with right rear corner.

I am hoping I have enough room as it is a beautiful unit.

danemayer

Hi,

I am currently looking at a 2016 T31 and have a question on the rear tail swing.
Hi eggs1959,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully another T31 owner will have the answer you're looking for.

schew

Hi,

The area I want to store it is along side my garage.
To get out I will need to make a hard left turn to exit my driveway.
Trying to figure the distance I will need on right side between unit and garage to avoid hitting with right rear corner.

I am hoping I have enough room as it is a beautiful unit.

Hi there,
Is there a certain measurement you are looking for? I can measure the distance between the rear tire and the end of the trailer, would this help? I understand what you're asking but cannot figure out a mathematic formula based on the trailers dimensions that would help answer your question.

eggs1959

Hi there,
Is there a certain measurement you are looking for? I can measure the distance between the rear tire and the end of the trailer, would this help? I understand what you're asking but cannot figure out a mathematic formula based on the trailers dimensions that would help answer your question.

Hi,

I am trying to figure distance right rear tail swings out on hard left turn.
There are several videos out there on determining tail swing on motor homes and trailers (google determining rv tail swing).

The easiest way is to line the right side of your rig up parallel with a straight line in a parking lot.
Turn your tow vehicle hard left and make your turn.
The tail swing distance is the furthest distance the right rear corner of unit extends out from the line on the turn.

Tail swing distance is the same on both sides.
Whatever the distance is tells you how far you would need to be away from objects to avoid hitting them with the rear of your rig on hard turns.

If I purchase the T31 I have a tight area along the side of my garage with limited space to park.
Knowing the tail swing I would know if I had adequate space.

Hope I explained it in a somewhat clear manner.
Thank you for the help.

eggs1959

Hi there,

Hello again,

Found a site that says you can determine tail swing by measuring the overhang distance from the center of rear axle to the rear of unit and then divide by four. So if you can tell me your overhang distance it should help.

Thanks