Landmark - Cable TV

2017 Landmark Oshkosh with cable TV problem. Outside TV, lounge TV, and bedroom TV all work fine with air reception and power booster on. Turn power booster off and cable signal only comes through to bedroom TV. Suggestions?

danemayer

That's surprising because the antenna and cable signals share the same wires after the booster.

Silly question, are you switching the TVs to cable and doing a channel scan? Some TVs do it automatically; others don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

HOOKERUP

2017 Osh Kosh has no air signal to living room tv. Ckd.all spliters ( I think ) Leaving for south in two weeks will try on cable and air again

Last edited by a moderator:

travlingman

My rig does the same thing. All TV's work on over the air, only bedroom on cable. I am thinking on mine the splitter in the bedroom is bad. I am looking at replacing it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Prowler did the same thing . . .

Check the first splitter in the coax line after the bedroom TV (probably behind the wall in the basement).

I found that one wired up backwards (ie.- splitters line in was going to the outside TV outlet and the coax coming down from the bedroom, which should have been going to the input was hooked up to one of the outputs of the splitter).

Splitters are one-way (however, the antenna signal made it through), so with the cable signal coming from upstairs into the output of the splitter, that was the end of the line for the cable signal.

There were some other problems with ours as well, but the above should get you going!

busted2341

Let me say we have had 4 Heartland products and love the comapny but what is reguler complaint is the cable wiring and lack of QC on this. Read through the threads and this problem with connectors not hooked up or hooked up wrong is still a regular reoccurring problem going back to our 2006 Big Horn. Come on Heartland a little better QC...

cap10moe

I have the same problem on a '17 Newport. Over the air works on all TV's. We are also using cable internet, which works fine. Cable TV feed only works on bedroom TV. I have gone through the whole rig & systematically bypassed splitters and portions of the wiring, and all work flawlessly, EXCEPT the last cable going through the belly of the unit to the rear TV's.

Finally have our cable tv problems solved thanks to Kurt Stonehouse of Quality On Site RV Repair who was recommended to us by Robert Miller of Heartland. Turned out coax was wired incorrectly. Thanks again for all the input.

LBR

Finally have our cable tv problems solved thanks to Kurt Stonehouse of Quality On Site RV Repair who was recommended to us by Robert Miller of Heartland. Turned out coax was wired incorrectly. Thanks again for all the input.
Congrats on the problem solving mission...I was expecting a cable mis-wire on our new CY before we even received it as many here have had that issue.

To get my Dish Tailgater to operate the living room TV, I have to connect it to the UDC coax connector for the bedroom truncated wiring to roof for a permanent mount dish...lol