Goodyear Marathon question

bgscott

My new sundance came with goodyear marathon load rate E 16" tires. After reading the horror stories on all rv forums about tire blowouts I decided to inspect my tires closley. I noticed that both tires on the door side have an indention in the side wall that runs from the rim to the tread. The indention looks like a small "valley" 1-2" wide and just deep enough to notice. you can feel it with your hands. I can't get to my other two tires right now because the slideout is out, I will check them tonight. Is this a problem or part of the design of the tires?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That crease you are referring to is normal. You will also see this on many car and truck tires. No need to worry.

fishn2dmax

As Mrcomer indicated, it is totally normal. What you're seeing is the sidewall belt overlap valley. When I used to run USA made Marathons on my previous 5'er, I also noticed the very pronounced sidewall overlap valleys. I never had problem with my USA made marathons.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Goodyear just doesn't hide the belt overlap crease behind lettering like everybody else. The taller the sidewall profile of the tire the more noticeable it is too.

Front tires on my truck are goodyears, rears are firestones, the goodyears it's very noticeable like a glaring defect. Almost 50,000 miles on them so far no problems.