Cyclone vs Razor

I'm looking at the Cyclone and the Razor toy hailers. I will have at the most two 4 wheelers in the unit at one time, A yamaha big bear 2000 and a polaris 500 sportman 2007 total weight of about 1400+ pounds. I will be pulling with a 2003 Chevy 2500HD D-disel 4x4. I'm not sure what will be the best to buy or the differences in the two other than cosmetics/floorplans. I do like the razor 3110 but it does not come with the washer/drier or even a hookup for it that I have seen and the wife wants that. Also I will be using the unit year round. Any coments appreciated.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Uh...DUH!! :D :D

Seriously, I'm fulltiming while working and I absolutely love having a W/D! Working usually 7-days-a-week, my hours don't afford the time to go to a coin-op laundry. Even when I do get a day off, I don't want to spend it washing clothes! I've got a bike to ride! :)

"Using the unit year round" and living in it 24/7 are different, but...you know for a fact...if momma ain't happy - ain't nobody happy! Just make sure your truck is rated for which ever you choose. My 1-ton will be overloaded by a ton if I load my Cyclone to max capacity. :( I definitely gotta watch my weight and can't load up all I would like. I can pull and stop just fine now, but I'm not gonna over do it. Good Luck!

Uh...DUH!! :D :D

Seriously, I'm fulltiming while working and I absolutely love having a W/D!

ht - just ordered our 3950. We will plan to full time while I work and with 3 little girls we do a lot of washing. Would love to know details about your W/D. Did you go for the combo style or make a place for a stackable unit? Did you add an extra fridge or freezer? I see that the 2010 3950's have the area in the garage set up for a fridge rather than for a W/D....

Any thoughts you'd be willing to share along these lines would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I'm looking at the Cyclone and the Razor toy hailers. I will have at the most two 4 wheelers in the unit at one time, A yamaha big bear 2000 and a polaris 500 sportman 2007 total weight of about 1400+ pounds. I will be pulling with a 2003 Chevy 2500HD D-disel 4x4. I'm not sure what will be the best to buy or the differences in the two other than cosmetics/floorplans. I do like the razor 3110 but it does not come with the washer/drier or even a hookup for it that I have seen and the wife wants that. Also I will be using the unit year round. Any coments appreciated.

As much as I love my Chevy 2500HD Duramax I don't think you will be pulling many of the toyhaulers with that. Look at their weights and you will see why. I think there are a few that might fall into the proper weight for your truck but be careful. As far as which toyhauler to get, my vote is for the cyclone because I really like the cherry interior.

Good luck,
Mark

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
ht - just ordered our 3950. We will plan to full time while I work and with 3 little girls we do a lot of washing. Would love to know details about your W/D. Did you go for the combo style or make a place for a stackable unit? Did you add an extra fridge or freezer? I see that the 2010 3950's have the area in the garage set up for a fridge rather than for a W/D....

Any thoughts you'd be willing to share along these lines would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We have the combo unit with a fridge above it. I use the fridge for drinks only. It'll hold a lot of drinks for little girls! Excellent choice in RVs! :D I love the combo unit, even though it the loads are quite small. It does rock-n-roll the Cyclone when spinning.

Attachments

• HT 243.jpg
    HT 243.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 60

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the stackable. In our previous 5er we had the combo. We went to the stackable because we can continue washing while clothes are drying. Or we can dry something without tying up the washer. More versatile.

ht - thanks for the picture, that's a great idea. Our dealer is telling me that the factory will not plumb the area in the garage for W/D on my 2011 model, so I'll either have to figure that out myself or just live with the combo unit.

Was yours already plumbed or did you have to do that yourself?

I'm sure the little girls will love the cyclone rocking!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Sounds like the dealer is wanting to turn a unit they have in stock. Hard to believe the factory doesn't plumb a 3950 for a W/D. Mine came with it - both the W/D and the fridge above it came in my unit! :) I'd make some more calls.