Spare tire & front end warp

rebnga

Our 28' RLS has developed a warp in the front of the TT. Like the wind has put an arc/crease in the front just under the name North Trail by Heartland. Also, I may have to put some calking along the bottom of the front as it looks not to be tight there.

Also, our spare time under the hitch came loose during travel. It did not break loose but could have caused major damage if it had dropped off! I cannot tighten it from the bottom, so tomorrow I'll go underneath to see if it can be tighted from the top of the tire. Doesn't look promising.

Anyone having similar problems with their North Trail. We love the TT, but don't like having structural problems or having potential disastrous results from a spare tire coming loose, dropping on the highway and ripping out 'stuff' and causing a wreck.

:( Larry

fdechaine

I have that same crease that you are describing. The good news is that it is a cosmetic thing more than anything else. The crease occurs where 2 4*8 sheets meet. I brought mine in to have it fixed and we tried to just brace the back and it didn't really work. I am taking it back in in the next few weeks and we'll try something else. See the attached thread for pictures

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=5780