Dealing with Heartland to reimburse for warranty work

DirtyMax88

Good Morning everyone and happy New Year to you! Well, we have finally had enough with our dealer and have decided to take our 5er to a highly recommended RV repair place. We have asked out dealer numerous times to fix items, they say they fix them and all it was was a "band aid" that temporarily fixed the issue, and then comes back pretty quickly. Probably 7 or 8 items that aren't to major, but we want them taken care of. The gentlemen we are going to was highly recommended as he has done work on some of our friends Landmarks and Cyclones. He going to install an on-board LP gen for us, and while it's there I was going to have him fix all the other items. My question for you all is how has it been trying to deal with Heartland directly to reimburse you for repairs you had done, that should be covered under warranty???? We bought our Landmark in May 2015, so we still have about 4 months left on our factory warranty.

Also, a side note, is it worth mentioning to Heartland about how terrible our experience has been at this dealership from day one? This dealership sells a ton of RV's, so my guess would be the amount of RVs they move is what Heartland would ultimately be worried about, not some bad customer service. And judging by this forum and talking to fellow campers, service across the board is just terrible, which is why we are going to give this other guy a try.

Thanks!
-Will

Jim-Lynn

Good Morning everyone and happy New Year to you! Well, we have finally had enough with our dealer and have decided to take our 5er to a highly recommended RV repair place. We have asked out dealer numerous times to fix items, they say they fix them and all it was was a "band aid" that temporarily fixed the issue, and then comes back pretty quickly. Probably 7 or 8 items that aren't to major, but we want them taken care of. The gentlemen we are going to was highly recommended as he has done work on some of our friends Landmarks and Cyclones. He going to install an on-board LP gen for us, and while it's there I was going to have him fix all the other items. My question for you all is how has it been trying to deal with Heartland directly to reimburse you for repairs you had done, that should be covered under warranty???? We bought our Landmark in May 2015, so we still have about 4 months left on our factory warranty.

Also, a side note, is it worth mentioning to Heartland about how terrible our experience has been at this dealership from day one? This dealership sells a ton of RV's, so my guess would be the amount of RVs they move is what Heartland would ultimately be worried about, not some bad customer service. And judging by this forum and talking to fellow campers, service across the board is just terrible, which is why we are going to give this other guy a try.

Thanks!
-Will

Will; I have had dealings directly with Heartland - and once the work is approved by Heartland if warranty, there was absolutely no issues. You are within your right to voice your opinion to Heartland about the dealer. I would highly doubt if anything happens, as it is all about sales, and not service to a lot of the dealers. I have had 2 warranty items authorized by Heartland, to deal at a private shop, small items. I sincerely hope you get all the issues resolved, as you have a great unit.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I agree with Jim. Once you have authorization from Heartland, there are zero issues to being reimbursed. I even, on a couple of occasions, had a mobile service tech come out to the campground I was in to make repairs. Heartland had told me they would not pay the "service call" charge, but would reimburse for the actual repairs. One time it was several hundred dollars. Not a bit of a problem.

As far as where you want to take the rig now, I would check with Heartland to see if they will approve that person/company to do your warranty work. I have mine done by a non-Heartland dealer that Heartland had approved for warranty work.

danemayer

Will,

With respect to sharing your experience with Heartland, your feedback is likely to be of most interest to Andy Wesdorp, the General Manager for Landmark 365. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for to speak with Andy.

One thing to keep in mind about having the new service center fix your warranty problems is that the first dealer may have already charged Heartland for fixing these items. If so, Heartland is likely to be reluctant to pay a 2nd time. They'll expect the first dealer to stand behind his work and fix things correctly. So when you discuss these items with Heartland to get prior authorization at the new service center, they can tell you if the first dealer has already submitted claims for that work and you can have a more productive discussion about how to go forward.

DirtyMax88

Thanks y'all for your advice and comments.

Dan, there are a 3 or 4 of these items that have been "taken care of" a few times by the dealer. So my guess is that I will probably have to foot that bill, but in all honesty, having it fixed and not have to deal with it anymore might be worth the little out of pocket cost. As for some of the other items, I will get on the horn with Heartland and see if I can get some authorizations for work, and go from there.

Thanks again everyone.

Will