Fresh Water Tank Leak

Sparkie

I have a 06 Landmark (Shenandoah) with an apparent fresh water tank leak. After a trip with a 1/4 full tank I had a leak which comes out at the rear inside corner of the black plastic box that holds the sewer pipe. It also leaks close to that corner at a low point of the underbelly. I emptied the tank - no leak. Filled the tank - leak.

I did overfill the tank one month ago but had no problems then or after a bumpy ride home.

I had a similar problem that was under warranty a year ago so the underbelly has been cut and taped in that area. I don't want to open it up unless I have to. Is there any thing else I should check before opening the belly up? What is the location of the tank and what is the best way to open the underbelly and remove the tank if I have to?

Any experienced help or even thoughts and ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My thought would be if the tank had a leak a year ago that was patched, it is a possibility the repair (patch) started leaking again. I would take it back to where it was repaired if possible and have them look at it.

slaytop

Is there a chance that the leak is coming from behind the dock panel because of a loose connection?

Sparkie

I found the leak

I lucked out. Because the leak occurred when I put even a small amount of water in the tank I was afraid it was a crack in the bottom of the tank. It was in the vinyl flex hose that goes from the filler opening to the tank. It sags down below the level of the bottom of the tank and as such leaked with little water in. A screw protruding up which holds the black shroud that is for the sewer hose wore a hole in it. Another great design that ceated alot of worry and work! While in that area I found other hoses and wires rubbing against the other protruding screws. They are very sharp. I cut off the screws and filed the ends to avoid other potential problems.