bed room door

my door keeps coming off the track when we travel. I think we need another
guide on the floor to hold it in place. problem being can't find one.
any one have that problem
gary

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Gary
I helped someone else rest their sliding bedroom door. What happen to him was he forgot to secure it when traveling and it slamed back and fell off the track. It is sort of hard to get to but we got it back on track. We did not find the stop but did put a screw in the bottom of the door so it roll all the way back and off the track.

On the top of the door there are rollers. Turn the plastic lock on the rollers and allow the door to slide off the rollers (He had a roller fall off). We slid the rollers back on the track then slid the door on rollers then put a screw in the bottom of the door so it would not go back far enough to slide off the tracks..

Hope this helps.

PS.. we used a metal yard stick to hold the roller, reach way back to the edge of the track then pull it up to slide the door on..

Clark

We installed a faceplate on the BR side of the door then screwed in a sliding bolt lock on the wall next to it. Now we just slide the bolt into the faceplate and lock it. Stops the door from sliding either direction. Very easy fix and has worked well so far.
Clark

geeksrus

We installed a faceplate on the BR side of the door then screwed in a sliding bolt lock on the wall next to it. Now we just slide the bolt into the faceplate and lock it. Stops the door from sliding either direction. Very easy fix and has worked well so far.
Clark

I'd appreciate seeing picture(s) of this mod. Here or via email to: kinmondg@telusplanet.net.

Thanks EH!

The Lamb Family

Family Traveler
We have a 2009 North Trail 31QBS and so far love it. I to have the same problem on both of my doors. The plastic snap straps always come undone. I am considering using a sliding glass door child stop on the channel / roller guide, or an industrial type pipe hanger for a "C" channel as a stop while traveling

Hart

We have a 26RKS & have removed our door. It provides a bit more space when get out of bed. A pleated after market door is available. We had one for bathroom on our previous TT and it was far more user friendly than the stock hinged door.

CampingJunkie

DoorHookMod.jpg

Here is a mod for your problem. As posted on www.northtrailtalk.com

The Lamb Family

Family Traveler
I think I figured it out..... Take a pair of channel locks and lightly crimp the button (the female side) to make the snap tighter. The last 2 trips have been a success. I also did this on the table leg snap / strap.
Hope it helps

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
I have the same exact problem with our cyclone. I screwed a small L bracket to the floor on the bedroom wall side to act as a stop. It had knocked the top molding off completely on it's last crash into the back wall while traveling. I am going to make the mod that was posted previously while I am sitting at the dealer two weeks from now for warrantee work. Maybe I can get them to start installing the mod ahead of time and help out the next RVer.