Prayers for Kathy and Dave

Chippendale

A lot of you around Texas have gotten to know Kathy and Dave Tyler from Post in the last couple of years and are aware that Kathy has been suffering from what they think is a severe and very painful case of shingles around her eyes since around the end of last September. I just received a text from Dave that she had a seizure at the doctor's office yesterday and had to be air lifted to a Lubbock hospital. Please put Kathy and Dave in your prayers.

pegmikef

Thanks George. Very sorry to hear this. I just talked to Dave last week. I'll pass it to Peggy and she will put them on the prayer list at her church (they always go together at rallies).

SNOKING

If you have not had the shingles shot, talk to your doctor about it. You might still get shingles, however they say it will not be as severe. Chris

DaveTyler

This is Dave Tyler, Appreciate all the prayers and kind words. After four months of fighting the Shingles, last Wednesday, Kathy had a seizure in the doctors office(first one ever in 66 years), no ambulance within 100 miles, called the helicopter and went to Lubbock. After day and half with all kinds of test we came home. Still no why on seizure, but seems that she has turned the corner and making a little progress. After 4 months, a little is really alot. Once again, thanks to all who have been praying for her, at one time Kathy thought no one was listening, I told her at Christmas time the good Lord was busy so now has some time. We are very grateful to our Heartland family and friends. At this time we are planning on going to the Sweetheart Rally at Coffee Creek. We have had reservations before this started. Looking forward to seeing some of you there. If not there maybe Alpine. Again thanks! Dave

Ted_Dee

This is Dave Tyler, Appreciate all the prayers and kind words. After four months of fighting the Shingles, last Wednesday, Kathy had a seizure in the doctors office(first one ever in 66 years), no ambulance within 100 miles, called the helicopter and went to Lubbock. After day and half with all kinds of test we came home. Still no why on seizure, but seems that she has turned the corner and making a little progress. After 4 months, a little is really alot. Once again, thanks to all who have been praying for her, at one time Kathy thought no one was listening, I told her at Christmas time the good Lord was busy so now has some time. We are very grateful to our Heartland family and friends. At this time we are planning on going to the Sweetheart Rally at Coffee Creek. We have had reservations before this started. Looking forward to seeing some of you there. If not there maybe Alpine. Again thanks! Dave

Kathy, it's great to hear you are doing better. We are looking forward to seeing you both a the Sweetheart Rally. Also you should check Dave's typing, he put 66 instead of 46 because I am sure you said you were 45.
Bet wishes from Dee and Ted

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good to hear, Dave! We want to see you guys in Santo. Passed through Post twice over the holidays, and we were thinking of ya'll. Both times we were later than we wanted to be so couldn't stop. We'll continue to pray for fast healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillyBill

Kathy,

I'm sure you've had a lot of advise about shingles but in case you haven't heard this.....

I had shingles a year and a half ago and have had great relief during the outbreak as well as with as residual symptoms by taking 2-3 doses of L-Lysine one to three times a day as needed. Works to help Cold sores too which is a related virus. Get well. God Speed.

WB

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In case you haven't heard, there is a vaccine to prevent Shingles. For us baby boomers that most likely had chicken pox as kids, it could be a game changer.

My wife's older brother got Shingles at 77. His immune system was already compromised from cancer treatments and he lost the sight in one eye because of it.

Chippendale

In case you haven't heard, there is a vaccine to prevent Shingles. For us baby boomers that most likely had chicken pox as kids, it could be a game changer.

My wife's older brother got Shingles at 77. His immune system was already compromised from cancer treatments and he lost the sight in one eye because of it.

Yes, Dave has been preaching from the roof tops for everyone to get the vaccine. Kathy came down with shingles around the end of September, and is just now starting to get better. That alone should be a warning for everyone to talk to their doctor. I got mine last fall at Walmart when I got my flu shot. Don't put it off, you don't want what happened to her to happen to you.